Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buddy had a jonboat he wanted to unload so I made trying it out an excuss to go fishing. Put the boat in the water and wouldn't start so pulled it back up to the house and cleaned the carb. I was going fishing one way or another. Droped the boat back in the water and fired her up. Carb still needed some work but she would run so made sure I had a paddle and pulled out in about 5 foot of water anchored up, cast out two lines. 15 to 22 inch cats were hitting it almost as soon as I would cast out. Fished for about an hour and ended up with 11 cats and 1 16inch croaker. Had another croaker on that I lost at the boat. Never got to a prime Croaker spot due to lack faith in motor but I can tell you if I caught theses fish straight out from where I put in, fishing good spots should produce good numbers of croakers mixed in with LOTs of Catfish. I don't know what the water temp is but the croaker could hardly croak. See BT caught them at in the bay(Wish I was catching tog instead of catfish with my croakers) so there in, just got to work for them a little. Caught my fish about 1 mile down river from Garretts Marina. If the weather cooperates I will proably move the boat to Remlik(too foggy and rough for me to move last week) and fish from there to Moratico bar this weekend after going to the Seminar at Queens Creek. Hope to see some of you at the seminar. Rapp Sandwich was hot bait. I'll Post some Pics on my website later this morning.

Have a good one

Bobby

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
1,292 Posts
w00t! Very inspiring report Mr. J! Thanks.

Where the cats flatheads??? I haveheard folks catch smallish flatheads down that way but I only get the occaisional white cat.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Thanks Bobby! Looking forward to getting back on the Rapp soon. Sure am glad that the ramp at Wake will be ready shortly. We have not been able to use it since the Fall of '02. Really miss that stretch of river.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1 smallish Flat head cat and the rest were White Cats. Fillet up and ready for hot grease bath Saturday unless we catch fresh batch Friday afternoon or after seminar Saturday.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Nice report Bobby. The croakers and togs we caught were in 21 ft. of water. The bay air was cool I guess due to water temp. but when the breeze picked up the air from the island was really warm. Water temps. should rise rather quickly now and more fish be biting. Weekend weather forcast looks a little bumpy right now. Hope it is not right so ya'll can get out and catch some fish and post some good reports.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hey Mr J's father in law caught some croaker off his dock in Morratico creek this week. I believe things are looking up.Ketch did you ever finish your catalog.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Ohhhh mAnnnn!
I live for haven the first Croaker report of the season!

Pick up my new ride tomorrow after work
I'll be on the Rapp this weekend
Y'all caught me snoozzin (or is it upgrading) this year.
Weather is no longer a probelm
[wink]

·
Registered
264 Posts
Waren,
Took her out for the Maiden Voyage today out of Tappahannock.

First off, the fishing report:
Couple nice croaker (2) & some small Cat.
Son caught Hickory Shad, freaked me out, first I've ever seen in this area (power lines). Just dropped some squid, not trying hard.

Purchased a 22' Proline with a 200 Honda 4 stroke from Haynes
2004 left over, got a phenominal deal.
They have a ton 2004 left overs on the lot.

Now for the fun a Maiden Voyage brings :)
Boat will be abck at Haynes in the morning!

The throttle control is friggin backwards!
Tried reversing her out twice, almost slammed the peir
How the hell do you get that wrong?

Live well pump is cracked. Pourerd water out the bottom of the pump into my hull. ZEEESH!

Had a Garmin 238 GPS / Depth Finder installed. They forgot to install the through the hull transducer. Come on guys!

& finally, they sell boats touting it comes with a full tank of gas. Guess what? How bout a half tank!

Not happy, not happy at all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts