Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TOWELS PT first light bait fish jumping out of the water schoolie size rocks all around eight knock downs three on storm umbrella at the same time birds working from urbana to the reef across from towels point trolled all around them picked up four that where keepers but was hoping for something bigger and threw them back should have keep the 26 ended up biggest fish was 22 .Got report of twenty fast hook ups off of ten this evening in the channel everything between 17-20 inches . I keep hearing that the fish have moved down the bay that may be so but theres alot of fish in the river seems like sunrise and sunset are your best shot goodluck & tightlines

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I've noticed the same thing in the river at about the same area. Will be out there most of the day on Saturday hoping to get more of what we did last weekend. Happy Holidays to all and lets hope the rockfish get the holiday spirit and start biting. [grin]

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sundawg you were right I was there today and put four keepers (19-24") in the boat. Have a Merry Christmas.

[smile]

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Going to be out there first thing in the morning and trying some spots in the river. Will be out at from wake at first light and heading upriver. Will be on ch 68, maritime mayhem. goodluck to any that are out there

·
Registered
226 Posts
Great report! Guys you are killing me...for 2 reasons....my boat's up and we have worked hard to convince everyone else that there are NO fish in the river.

Bobby, let me know when you stop running north for bubba and start running charters in the skiff.

Hope everyone has a great Christmas.

Rappangler

·
Registered
647 Posts
Merry Christmas to all!

Thanks for the report. It's good to know that there are some
fish close to home. I may fish the river 1 more time in the next
week , before winterizing the center console.

Tom

·
Registered
512 Posts
Moved the boat to Remlik Friday and marked good fish from bridge into Lagrange creek. Im antifreezed up but not fogged and had it on my mind to fish the last weekend in the river. River holds its own resident rocks and could be some good fishing if your in the right place at the right time. Wouldn't expect any monsters but size fish your talking about sounds right.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts