Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and i are taking a trip fri through mon down the potomac and up the rapp. we will be staying in Irvington but plan on several day trips around the area. I will bring my rods with me but are there any suggestions of neat things to see or do??

i will try to hail some tf's to say hello. i have not been in the lower rapp since i was a kid. Potomac and bay are my normal stomping grounds.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Deltaville is always a fun stop, lots of boats and people there; along with a boat us and west marine. Urbanna is just upriver another couple miles from where youll be, and thats a good place to stroll through; Kilmarnock is the closest 'large town', with a food lion and everything else youll need, along with a nice, old, downtown area. The origional Christ Church is nearby also. Have fun on the rapp, hope you enjoy it
JP
"KwikRelease"

·
Registered
139 Posts
Irvington will probably be all you need for a weekend (Shopping, Golf, Wining and Dining). However if it's fishing you are after that area has alot to offer this time of year. Rockfish (both trolling and light tackle with shallow water action on grass flats and rock piles.
Croaker and spot are the number one target now. I have already been catching flounder near Urbana. Trout are soon to come and then Spainish Mackeral. Yes Spainish Mackeral I have caught them as far up the river as the punch bowl. Sometimes when we have guests I take the ladies by boat to Urbana drop them off and fish until I get hailed (hand held or Cell). Urbana has plenty of things to do all within of walking distance of the docks. Give me a call on the VHF (68) I will be out in that area all weekend.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys. i will try a general tf call on 68. we are getting ready to leave now. last check of email b-4 i hit the boat. i love boating in the rain. we will have the whole river to ourselves!

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
192 Posts
A side trip to Urbanna should be in the schedule. Things to do in town, couple of good fishing spots near Urbanna creek.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.