Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fished yesturday from 0700-1200 out of Waterview hoping for a little catch and release striper action. Water temp (surface) was 48 degrees at waterview and 49 at the Whitestone bridge. Cruised around from the ramp to the bridge for hours and only marked 1 fish on the Lowrance. It was like a ghost town out there. Got a little choppy towards the bridge so I didn't go any further. Gave the Yamaha its yearly tune up and it ran perfect so that was a plus. This time of the year is tricky, one day the rivers empty and the next it can be loaded. These scouting missions are always fun cause you never know what you'll run into. Back to tying flies for another few days. Might have been all that rain that pushed everything out. Does anyone know if we're required to bend the barbs down this time of the year? I did it just to be safe, but just curious. Hope all are well after this long winter.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats exactly what I figured....We were getting tossed around a bit and the guy I was with wasn't looking too good...

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes...got hooked on the fly fishing thing a couple years back...I will usually troll around until i mark a good number of fish and then drift with the school while casting a fast sinking line with a good sized fly(usually a half and half). Its a great time when things go right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.