Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its a little late but the cable company hasn't found their way to my house to hhok the internet up yet. My Dad, Brother and I left Norview between 7:30 and 8:00 and started looking around for small spot. First stop didnt get spot but managed a 19 inch flounder and a couple of puffers. We left there and went upriver a bit and found the spot, most were big and I thought to big but we kept them anyway. After putting a couple dozen in the live well we headed to the bridge to try to find some rocks. My brother was feeling under the weather so we dropped him off at Wake Ramp to catch a ride home. It took a long time and the spot that I assumed were pefect size ended up being the right size for the blues to tear up. Once we started using the larger baits (10-12 inch) we started to get runs from rockfish. Nothing big and not many but we managed 2 keepers that could barely get the bait in their mouths. One was 19 inches and the other was 22 - 23 inches. Hopefully things pick up before the nnac tourny this weekend

--John

·
Registered
647 Posts
Way to go John. Who would have thought a Schoolie Rockfish would
try to eat a #1 Spot? I went to the NNAC mtg. Saturday night to hear
Capt. Billy Pipkin's presentation on catching Rockfish. I've got some
new trolling lure designs that I can't wait for us to try out!!
Tom

·
Registered
579 Posts
Rappahannockman Won Door Prize

:thumbup:Yep,
Capt. Tom won one of the door prizes at the NNAC meeting, but the one he won was the new lure design that Capt. Billy Pipkin demonstrated. Betcha that Tom picks up his new, custom designed lure before the NNAC tourney this weekend.
For those of you who missed it, Capt. Billy spent almost two hours entertaining and teaching us seasonal locations, patterns, lures and chumming techniques. Always good to learn something new. But now, I gotta get some more new designed lures just to keep up with you guys.
John,
Thanks for the report of the catching of rockfish in the Rap and good luck to you both this weekend.
Tom, the Riverwatcher, fishing on Fo Paws.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Billy is always an entertaining fellow, thats for sure. Are you planning on fishing this weekend Tom?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts