Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to stay close to home, rather than burn fuel on chance that we would be able to find something to keep. Got two 24 and 26. The larger fish was caught by Capt. Tom Narron (Miss Ella Charters) on a buck tail. I caught mine on a umbrella rig rigged with root beer storms. All in all a good day since we didn’t spend much time getting there and didn’t feel like we had to spend the whole day on the river just to justify the trip. Lesson to be learned from this, there are good fish in the river.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Good Job. What area of the river were you in? I have had decent luck in the Piankatank this year with a fair number of keepers up to 26".

·
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I could come back with location X, but I'll be a bit more helpfull and say near Urbanna.[grin]

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
[Q]rmlewisjr originally wrote:
I could come back with location X, but I'll be a bit more helpfull and say near Urbanna.[grin]
[/Q]You must be mistaken on the location. There are NO decent fish in the river. [smile]

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
You're not listening. Keep repeating to everyone who you speak to: NO good fish in the Rapp., NO good fish in the Rapp. Must all be over in the Piankatank.[smile]

·
Registered
956 Posts
I fish out of Locklies Creek. There are definitely NO rockfish in the Rappahannock. Don't bother trying.

·
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, you are all right. I've learned my lesson, come December I'm moving my boat to the Piankatank.[grin]

·
Registered
127 Posts
RAPP REPORT'' Me and my ten year old son went out sunday and instead of running out to the bay we decided to go up the river i trolled one umbrella rig and we jigged yellow and white bucktails off the sides when we where lucky enough to get in some birds working must of been blues mixed in because they were biting the tails off 6 inch storms on umbrella rig . definitely liked the storms ended up with 26' 20'and had three dinks on at once 7 dinks went back .they would follow yellow bucktail right to the boat but wouldnt bite all in all saved fuel stayed close to home seems the bite was better around 2 oclock no bubba but great fun . tight lines

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Yeah pretty good stuff. No Blues there either[wink] Those were Snakeheads. They've infested the area. And for those that don't know, a Dink is a common local term for a oystertoad.[grin]

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'll be out in the Rapp tomorrow before and after Turkey not catching anything, as usual on the "Time-Line."

Probably heading to the Bay Friday and Saturday for the local church Tourney.

Good luck to all and happy T-giving.

23 Grady with a Furuno on the hardtop and twin 200 yamahas. Give me a shout on 68 if I run over your spread. My 8 year old may be at the helm. [grin]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts