Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After striking out yesturday in the Rapp my father and I decided to try again today. Left from wake and headed towards the bridge where we trolled around for a while with nothing but some bitten off curly tails and storm shad tails. After getting bored of going backk and forth across the river we decided to head upriver a ways. The bait started to be more concentrated and had some great fish marks around it, at one time our sounder was reading 15 foot when we were in 60 feet and the bait went all the way to the bottom. Finally hooked up a fish on one of the smallest rods we had on the boat with a blue and yellow stretch 25. The fish had a good head shake so I knew it was going to be decent sized but I was amazed when we got it boat side. Measured 43 inches and weighed right at 30 pounds give or take a couple ounces. Also had sea lice on the boat afterwards so she must have come from the ocean recently. We kept working the fish and bait marks in the area as much as we could but didn't manage anymore fish from them so we headed back to the ramp. Not alot of fishtoday but one that sure counts.

--John​

·
Registered
214 Posts
I knew I should have skipped church and fished today :nono: :))
Congrats on a nice rivah fish. Looks like things are coming together for the 08 season.

John
Sea-Mark 21

·
Registered
214 Posts
Satts,

Your post was motivating; just got back from an hour and a half of trolling stretches on the Rivah - wish I could say I put something in the box but I can't. Still had a great time on the water with the wife so it was more than worth it.

Congrats again.
John
Sea-Mark 21

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do hope the wind has died a bit from earlier. It was getting sloppy when we were heading back in. By the amount of bait and nice marks we saw today things should bust loose anytime now.

·
Registered
214 Posts
NNE 10-15kts, marked lost of fish and bait - few birds working as well. Looking forward to a quick hour or so troll after work tomorrow. Me and my boy are going out on his deadriise skiff to work the lights here on Robinson Creek after dinner, fingers crossed.

·
Registered
390 Posts
there too

hey yep we where rigth there too at bouy 8 and up marked lots of nice fish and thick bait balls just like last year there, but the bite just wasn't there. we left around 330.
chris

·
Registered
512 Posts
Satterly heard you guys call out to the deadrise to drop in on that barge where you caught that Slob. NICE Fish. I couldn't buy a hit on a stretch Sat or Sunday. Fished from 2:30 t0 4:30 Sat and caught 4 from 22 to 27 7/8 and 5 Sunday morning from 19 to 24 inches all on plastic shad. Fish Satruday afternoon were up top while fish Sunday were dead on the bottom. Fish are in tight small schools out of the 9 fish I caught this weekend 6 were doubles (caught 2 fish at a time on the same rod.) Thought is was going to kill them Sunday when I boated 2 doubles(4 fish )on 2 passes over a piece of structure only to fish 3 hours before catching another. I was fishing the 8 to 10 area and the bait is balling up but not as concentrated as it should be. Fish were spitting up 4 inch bunkers comming in the boat and when cleaned all had 4" bunker and and about 1" crabs in their belly. Things should pick up over the next 7 to 14 days I think. Anyone got a report on the bay fishing? I heard there was a good bite a 42 one day last week and the next nothing. How the bite between windmill and 59A?

Have a good one
Bobby

·
Registered
226 Posts
Satterly,

Nice work on the big fish, I use the light stuff early in the year. That slob would have caused a little excitement for us.

After dragging lead and every thing I had in the box, thru lots of bait off Windmill Pt on Sat morning for 4 hrs and coming home with that skunk smell, I had to go back. My son and I went down yesterday afternoon to "check the boat". We were upriver from you guys, between 16 and 11. Did not mark a lot of bait but picked up a quick 22" football, and 19" and headed home. We were the only boat out except for the officer who checked us. Gave a shout on the radio but you guys must have been busy.

Rappangler

·
Registered
647 Posts
Way to go John!!! That's good to hear that the Big One's are showing up early this year.

You did Release that fish..............Didn't you!!!?!!!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Released to my vaccuum packer :D To start the trolling season with a 40+ means i was meant to have some filets on the grill while its still nice enough for grilling :thumbup:

·
Registered
204 Posts
looking for a couple of his Friends

Gonna try the Rapp. tomorrow am.Hope to have something to post in the pm.

Nice fish John.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Belay that last order.

Well after checking the winds. Decided to try another day.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts