Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eminent Brothers,
I just spooled my Trinidad 30 with 300 yards of red PowerPro. I have to pat myself on the back too cause I stripped off just enough 30# mono to full the spool with 300 yards of 50#red PowerPro for my Deep Drop trip with captin Croakerhead. I what color leader to use???

·
Registered
5,376 Posts
That red Power Pro is some hot stuff. I'm watching a couple of bulk spools on ebay right now. Clear leader is what you want. I just bought a bulk spool of Sufix Superior 40 lb and it's the best knot tying leader I've ever used. It comes highly recommended by Tony Tochterman. The dropper loops tie like silk. If you want some of it bring an empty leader wheel to Tri State next week and I'll give you 50 yds of it.

·
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Eminent Brothers,
They got red PowerPro at BPS. I have a spool of 30# Sufix that I haven't used for anything yet. maaybe I could tie some deep drop rigs with the 30# test, but; I did but a spool of 50# mono cause captJim recommended it. Want to try and tie a few rigs with the 50# mono and see how they look

·
Registered
397 Posts
Sufix with their Siege, Elite (mono) and Performance braid are winning over a lot of Anglers. I haven't heard a bad thing about their products.

·
Registered
5,376 Posts
Sufix with their Siege, Elite (mono) and Performance braid are winning over a lot of Anglers. I haven't heard a bad thing about their products.
I'm using 17# Sufix Siege Tangerine on my surf casting outfits. That stuff lays down so nice. I'm thinking about spooling my new Avet MX with Sufix braid.

·
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Eminent Brothers,
I looked at the Sufix at BPS today, but; I had my heart set on Red PowerPro. But I seem to recall the Sufix braid was pretty expensive compaired to Porewpro and MegaBraid. Is the Sufix braid more expensive or was I having a senior moment

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
I've been using the Red cajun Mono for crappie fishing this winter. It's impossible to see! If I tie it at home getting ready for a trip I have to put a piece of white paper down and tie in front of it for contrast. Don't know whether it's that ahrd to see or I'm just getting old (maybe a little of both!)

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
Ande Pink 50# Should match the red PP perfectly. Seriously though a 1/2 spool is like 17$ at BPS and it's as good as mono gets for tying rigs.

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
Do you have any idea how much pink I see everyday being the father of a 2 y/o princess?
You see I got 400 Eageclaw 6/0's for 12$ I'm ready for some knotties now.

·
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Eminent Brother,
You know I was thinking PINK Ande myself, but; BPS didn't have a 1/4 lb spool in 50# and they were all out of 50# Cajan Red leader spools. Guess I'll just have to keep looking

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
LOL don't let Max hear you say 1/4 spool. You'll end up making slinkies. You whnt a 1/2 spool because its a bigger leader sized spool.

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
Send a b-mail to Chris Surwiec I think there's still room for two.

·
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Eminent Brothers,
I checked with Fiinchaser yesterday and there are 2 and maybe 3 spots left. CaptSkip called me and he's interested in going and is trying to rearrange his schedule to make it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts