Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
4-503
Dynamiting Streams

You would think there might be more than fishing violation for blowing up a stream. I guess by omission using dynamite in the bay is ok then. But how much weight to use....
Darn that was my favorite past time too. Nothing raises the trout like a 1/4 stick. Something tells me DHS might have a little talk with you immediately following you license being rovoked.

-Evans

·
Registered
14,411 Posts
It should be tough ACROSS THE BOARD. A violation is a violation no matter who does it. Learn the rules and follow them or take up another sport. I am all for tougher penalties. It is plain and simple the only way to change bad behavior.............Gary

·
Premium Member
26,271 Posts
Quick funny story:

I went scuba diving at Punta Cana - Dominican Republic , about 12 years ago. The resorts had just started in this area.

Wanted to go night diving but the dive master said it was too dangerous. Odd , since water was warm - little current and no sharks seen.

Next trip - he showed me craters in the reef - locals used pipe bombs and dynamite to fish with.

Very effective - saw few fish.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
It should be tough ACROSS THE BOARD. A violation is a violation no matter who does it. Learn the rules and follow them or take up another sport. I am all for tougher penalties. It is plain and simple the only way to change bad behavior.............Gary
X2.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
The penelaties should be equal. We should be able to get caught fishing in a closed area atleast 15 times.:yes:

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
I like the one near that end that says landing a shark withouth fins, head or tail attached. Huh? I know they mean you can't cut them off, but the wording is still odd.

I have never understood why there are such big allowances for violations. Why are size and possession limits at 2&4 fish and up. What happened to 1? If it's close put it back. If you don't know how to count to 1 or 2 for Rockfish then shame on you.

Chris

·
Registered
14,411 Posts
I like the one near that end that says landing a shark withouth fins, head or tail attached. Huh? I know they mean you can't cut them off, but the wording is still odd.

I have never understood why there are such big allowances for violations. Why are size and possession limits at 2&4 fish and up. What happened to 1? If it's close put it back. If you don't know how to count to 1 or 2 for Rockfish then shame on you.

Chris
I understand some of the allowances like a few female crabs in a bushel. They could get thrown in by mistake but then you get guys taking advantage of the allowances. I do not keep fish that are right at the length limit because they will shrink a bit on ice. When it says 2 rock fish, I don't think there should be any allowances. I think the officer should use discretion based on the intent of the violator. A small mistake and a deliberate poach is not real hard to tell..............Gary

1 - 12 of 12 Posts