Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We mostly have been light tackle jigging lil bunker spoons and casting top water plugs the last several trips. Throwback to keeper ratio hasnt been the greatest but the action has been good. Mouths of rivers and shallow ledges have been best. Most trips are yielding rockfish to mid 20" range with bluefish mixed in. Fish are feeding on silversides

see facebook page for photos: www.facebook.com/ifishmd

We also ran a trip for a family with a few preschoolers and loaded up on white perch. Some were nice big black backs. We fished in the Severn river on some humps and ledges based on a tip from a fellow TF'er. (thanks Zags)

Despite getting caught up on some work at home and following my kids fall sports activites, I have some limited dates in Sept and Oct available.

Trolling trips also available with lighter tackle and small spoons and/or bottom fishing for perch.

Fall Tournament opportunities available too: MSSA Fall Classic, Fish 4 A Cure, Rockfish Open, etc.

call or text to inquire. 410-533-1435

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I'm waiting for October. Last year, every trip out was a blast, the kind of fishing days I like. Find the birds, find the fish, screw the Fish finder(it's broke anyway for some reason, the screen has beautiful colors that prevent anything else from being seen). Could be a good Christmas Gift from the family, LOL.
Reading about all the blues has been enticing, but I eat what I keep and blues aren't on the menu.

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
Greg, silversides were loaded the whole water column at Man-O-War shoals with nothing chasing them - I think they found a safe haven. Few nice balls of ssides around the mouth of the Magothy today but blues owned the water.

·
Registered
8,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
There were huge pods of large menhaden on the bay but there were no fish under them. Hopefully this makes for a good fall run on migrants chasing bait into the bay. The fish we have been catching have been spitting up silversides. The schools of rockfish sometimes have been moving fast chasing them and seems the keepers have come all close together. I havent fished the mouth of the Magothy or Man-O-War in a few weeks but would think it would turn on any day. The bait can only hide for so long...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts