Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, we fished in the rockfish shootout this past weekend and had a great time with some awesome food at the banquet. Does anyone happen to have a recipe for those buffulo style rockfish bites they were serving at the banquet? I would like to try some of those for the football games this weekend. My best guess would be that they are close to the recipe on the texas pete bottle for buffulo wings. But, if anyone has the recipe it would be greatly appreciated before I start playing trial and error.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I was not there, but can tell you how we do it, and how they are done at Marker 20.

Simply use some blackening seasoning, but not a lot, and in hot skillet stir fry up those suckers with a little butter coated on the nuggetts. On the side, have your hot wing sauce, Durkeys Red Hot is the original, melt a little butter in it, have hot on the side.

Once the ROck nuggets are cooked, dredge them in the hot sauce, just like chicken wings. We do this same thing for TUna Bites.

Not sure how they did it at the tourney, but that is how we been doin it, you can also get them sertved up at Marker 20 in Hampton, they do it the same, but only Tuna. THey have done it for us when we bring in fresh Rockfish.

Great dish, like to serve them with a variety of sauces, Blue Cheese, BbQ, Ranch, have even done a crushed red pepper tai type of sauce. Very good stuff.

I have made platters before of Chicken, Tuna, and Rockfish, just great stuff

Have a gooden
JB

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
i use any white flaky fish. seabass, tog, trigger...

cut in bite size pieces, bread as you would any fried fish, deep fry.

i use texas pete buffalo wing sauce, but you can make your own.

either dip in the sauce, or mix it up in a large bowl.

its probally my favorite way to eat sea bass.

dont for get blue chesse and ranch dressing

dont forget the fried oysters......in wing sauce.....

danny

·
Registered
860 Posts
Now I'm hungry!!! Those recipes sound delicious!!! May have to try one tomorrow night!

Becky-

·
Registered
170 Posts
Cut striper into bite size chunks. Put in gallon zip-lock bag and add Texas Pete or Tabasco and let sit over nite in fridge. Take out , do not rinse and bread with House Autry or flower and deep fry till golden brown.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the tips. I will be giving them a try this weekend. I believe those ones at the banquet were like the ones that captdavdavis put up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts