Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
U.S. troops to forgo training in rush to Iraq
POSTED: 10:33 p.m. EST, February 26, 2007
Story Highlights• Skipping training makes some wonder if Army is cutting corners
• California desert training specially prepares soldiers for Iraq
• Top military brass assure that soldiers will adapt

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Rushed by President Bush's decision to reinforce Baghdad with thousands more U.S. troops, two Army combat brigades are skipping their usual session at the Army's special training range in California.

They are now making preparations to leave their home bases.

Some in Congress and others outside the Army are beginning to question whether that decision means the Army is cutting corners in preparing soldiers for combat.

The desert training was designed specially to prepare soldiers for the challenges of Iraq.

Army officials say the two brigades will be as ready as any others that deploy to Iraq, even though they will not have the benefit of training in counterinsurgency tactics at the National Training Center at Fort Irwin, California, which has been outfitted to simulate conditions in Iraq for units that are heading there on yearlong tours.

Democratic Sen. Patty Murray said Monday she worries about the "less-than-ideal training situation" for the 4th Stryker Brigade of the 2nd Infantry Division, which is based in her state and is one of the two brigades that did its final training at home.

That brigade is to go to Iraq in April, one month earlier than originally planned.

The other is the 2nd Brigade of the 3rd Infantry Division, based at Fort Stewart, Georgia, which is due to go in May for its third combat tour since the war began in 2003.

·
Registered
11,853 Posts
It is almost Spring time in Afghanistan....Remember the Taliban? Anyone?

What a bunch of friggin retards we have running foreign policy. We are draining our military resources to fight the Iraq insurgency, instigating a conflict with Iran, and with the spring thaw right around the corner, I expect to see the need for more troops to fight a scrappy Taliban / AQ guerrilla offensive. You Neocons sure are smooth when it comes to foreign policy.

·
Registered
16,826 Posts
I rarely watch anything but local news but this morning the local report included a story about the VP's trip to Afghanistan/Pakistan and the attempted terrorist car bombing where he was staying. The report talked about how al queda was making a comeback in the region.

What? how could we allow them to make a comeback?
Political heads should role. There should be zero chance of this organization every seeing light much less making a come back.

If GWB keeps up this good work he will do more to enhance the chances of Hillary's election than all the Hollywood crowd, together.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
I saw a report that said the there are about 2000 of em runnin loose in Great Britian.I wonder how many are in France and Germany,you know the countries that stuck their heads in the sand,hoping that them ba$tards would head straight for the USA.

·
Registered
14,877 Posts
I'd guess they were returning with a high retention rate...dunno.

Frankly the "high profile attack" in afganistan was published by AP as "an emboldened Taliban attack" Hinting a "resergance" of the Taliban.....

Give me a break!

It was one STUPID taliban in explosives trading his life for one Brave American guard at the perimiter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was a STUPID attack by a society of COWARDS that FAILED!

Did NOT penetrate the perimiter and sent Cheney to the bomb shelter for a moment!

All it gained was the adoration of the LEFT WING PRESS!

Waytago EMBOLDENERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Want more.....keep it up!

·
Registered
14,877 Posts
Read the thread.

Save the poop.

I said: "I'd guess they were returning with a high retention rate...dunno."

You however cherry pick the media night and day.

Better find a better passtime, you're leaning so far left you'll soon be horizontal....

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
With Iraq possibly disintegrating along sectarian lines and hundreds and perhaps thousands of Saudi Arabian Sunnis taking part in the anti-occupation and anti-Shi‘a insurgency, many in Saudi Arabia fear that the spread of sectarian violence is just a matter of time. Remarkably, the Shi‘is’ anticipation that they will eventually be targeted by their fellow countrymen and the widely held belief that Saudi rulers have abetted, if not actually supported, sectarian violence have not altered the Shi‘is’ pursuit of rapprochement and cooperation with the state. From Mid-East Report .

Its not a huge intellectual challenge to see who the once-upon-a-time trained troops will be facing and which side of the Iraqi Religious Civil War the USA will be on.

·
Registered
14,877 Posts
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut occasionally.

Look at who your french "intellectuals" aided in the Americal revolution.

Hint to the L.I.T.OZ. (lost in the ozone)

We have the best trained, best equipped army on the face of the earth!

coward

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
BATTLE OF YORKTOWN(By Lester Cabrera, Jeff Gabriel, & Juan Hernandez) History.com
Yorktown was the area where the last major battle of the American Revolution War took place. The U.S. forces and the forces from France worked together to give the British froces under Cornwallis a massive defeat.

History...another subject foreign to the ditto-headed Duh Squad.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts