Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after 2 faithful years my net finally broke and now im looking to get a new one. All the ones i see at Bass pro and such seem so flimsy and un sturdy. I am however looking at a Beckman pro series and was wanted some pros or cons if anyone uses them or one they highly recommend.. It needs to have a deep pocket and support a 40lb striper:D id rather have the rubber material then the mesh cause it seems to tangle too easily.. thanks for any info Brandon:thumbup:

·
Flounder -r- Fluky
5,925 Posts
BIG ones work best.:cool: I had one of those "rubber" mesh type and didn't like it for big stripers, got rid of it after one trip. Clue is not to lift fish w/ handle perpendicular but horizontal and you shouldn't have any problems w/ the weight of 50lb+ fish of any type.

·
Registered
950 Posts
The big net at BPS that is 59.99 will net a 82 pound cobia just fine, so I suspect it will handle any striper you catch.

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
any net will work if you use it right, only use the handle to net the fish....two hands on the hoop to pull it up against the boat and then by the hoop or reach across the and use the net itself-

big rocks,cobia,catfish...fish is a fish....they all want outta the net !

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Frabill's Power Catch Big Kahuna is perfect for the big stripers, red drum and cobia. Looks like they have gotten pretty pricey since I bought mine though.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I agree with Darren Costly but worth it. "Frabill's" mine is quite a few years old but it has room for about as big a fish as you might want to net. ( or as big a fish as you can get over the gunnel in it )

I have a sweet rubber net I got from Crab Creek last year for trout and puppy's . It is one very,very nice net, and just what I wanted, but I cant imagine the weight of an x-tra large one.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Frabill's Power Catch Big Kahuna is perfect for the big stripers, red drum and cobia. Looks like they have gotten pretty pricey since I bought mine though.
Thanks for the info Darren im gonna check into those thanks... Brandon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts