Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pictures of some fish caught here in the Charleston area.

All pictures are copyrighted. Rick Hiott

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Capt. Rick, Thanks for the pictures. It's good to see some activity on the SC board. I fish down in SC several times a year and it's nice to see what's going on there. Keep the reports coming. How about some details next time? Jack

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How about some details this time....
The small red drum were caught on cut menhaden in about 8-10 feet of water on the ICW.
The (Giant) red drum were caught on half a blue crab and also cut menhaden in about 30 feet of water in the Charleston harbor.
The trout were caught on live and cut menhaden in the Cooper river.

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Capt, Rick, Thanks for the details. I usually fish around Georgetown and down to Cape Romain. Would like to fish down Charleston way some time. I learned the areas from Gene Dixon out of Georgetown. Have you heard of him?

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
How about some details this time....
The small red drum were caught on cut menhaden in about 8-10 feet of water on the ICW.
The (Giant) red drum were caught on half a blue crab and also cut menhaden in about 30 feet of water in the Charleston harbor.
The trout were caught on live and cut menhaden in the Cooper river.
Nice Pics C.Rick!My Wife has many relatives there.Her Cousin owns Reel Johns Tackle in Charleston.Also Relatives on Wadamalaw Island and Sumter.One of Her Cousins lives on the Lil' Edisto River also.Hope to get back down SOON!! [Mike]

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its been a while guys,,,,Just to let you know the Reel Johns tackle shop got bought out by Mike Able. He ownes Haddrells tackle shop in MtPleasent. He also bought out the Barton and Burrwell shop that is west ashley.
The guys that were in the Reel Johns tackle shop are now at the old Barton and Burwell building and it is now called "Haddrells west ashley" owned by Mike Able.

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
Its been a while guys,,,,Just to let you know the Reel Johns tackle shop got bought out by Mike Able. He ownes Haddrells tackle shop in MtPleasent. He also bought out the Barton and Burrwell shop that is west ashley.
The guys that were in the Reel Johns tackle shop are now at the old Barton and Burwell building and it is now called "Haddrells west ashley" owned by Mike Able.
So Dee and Dianne are not at Reel Johns anymore?Have'nt been down that way in about 2 years.:(

·
Registered
72 Posts
Capt. Rick - Charleston Charter

I'll be in Kiawah the first week of September with a few friends. How's the fishing for larger reds, tarpon or jacks that time of year? Do you run charters?

Thanks

·
Registered
284 Posts
Kayak fishing advice

Looks like you guys are the ones to ask for advice. I am coming down to Charleston for a week from the 15 to the 22nd and was wondering if you guys could give me any advice on places I could go and do well form the kayak. I would like to go places within 2 miles a launch and fish really shallow areas if possible. I don't mind fishing in big water or stuff that may be a little harry if there are bif fish there. Feel free to give me a call as well.
Chad
757-348-2232

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Capt Rick, I will down that area the second week of October. I may be interested in a trip, but I would like to know what is biting first. I really like to fish for flounder the most.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts