Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the way over to b42 Sat. we saw areas of that red water begining to bloom. I hope predictions are wrong about the dead zones to be this year, but we saw the beginnings first hand. Anyone else see same? ...aye...aye...

WA [sad]

·
Registered
109 Posts
we saw some tea colored water between 59a aand 62 on wednesday but i thought it was a little early for the red tide. guess i was wrong. spanish still active at first light
frog

·
Registered
264 Posts
Rolled out of Back River Reef around 11:00Am on Saturday.
Tons of craokers there, 1 throw back flounder

But I was freakin amazed when I decided to roll out & hit cbbt
A huge area of red water just west of the reef
Musta been moving with the tide

One more reason why I let my lawn look like **** :)
I live on the Mattopani & its tributaries in my back yard

A perfect lawn is just not worth the price

·
Registered
170 Posts
Think that is why I can't catch a flounder. Gonna start using that one cause I've used all the other excuses up.[grin] Yes Warren we did see some discolored water but thought it may have come from the heavy rains.

·
Registered
120 Posts
the old timers tell me that we are seeing run off and not redtide. Shell fish sanitation folks are sampling the creeks and bay on a daily basis and are saying the same.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I've been talking to a few people who are working at VIMS for the summer, and all of the scientists there are having heart attacks b/c all of the shellfish are starting to die off b/c of the red tide/ hypoxia-- theyve been seeing it down there for about 2 weeks now-- and its only going downhill from here
JP
"KwikRelease"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts