Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today on my way to lunch I passed a homeless guy with a sign the read "Vote Obama, I need the money." I laughed.

Once in the restaurant my server had on a "Obama 08" tie, again I laughed--just imagine the coincidence.

When the bill came I decided not to tip the server and explained to him that I was exploring the Obama redistribution of wealth concept. He stood there in disbelief while I told him that I was going to redistribute his tip to someone who I deemed more in need--the homeless guy outside. The server angrily stormed from my sight.

I went outside, gave the homeless guy $10 and told him to thank the server inside as I've decided he could use the money more. The homeless guy was grateful.

At the end of my rather unscientific redistribution experiment I realized the homeless guy was grateful for the money he did not earn, but the waiter was pretty angry that I gave away the money he did earn even though the actual recipient deserved money more.

I guess redistribution of wealth is an easier thing to swallow in concept than in practical application.:clapping2:

·
Registered
395 Posts
That used to be the case. In many larger restaurants today print-outs are made to show the bill totals and what 15% is to estimate income.

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
George there is more untaxed income out there than anyone knows. I would venture to say trillions.
Damn skippy on that, I know more then a few and most prefer McCain as his plan for redistributing the wealth will put twice as much in their pocket then Obama....

Go figure.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
1,107 Posts
we would ALL pay less taxes with a simple national sales tax plan and smaller IRS. Employers would also have more money for incentives like paid health care for it's employees. who knows it may happen one day.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
With Obama in office,and TDAU's redistrubution theory,
my new job will be a homeless guy hanging out at restaurants.

:eek:

·
Registered
395 Posts
we would ALL pay less taxes with a simple national sales tax plan and smaller IRS. Employers would also have more money for incentives like paid health care for it's employees. who knows it may happen one day.
You sound more libertarian than you do republican. Perhaps you should rethink how you are planning to vote.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts