Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been out for at least 2 or 3 hours every day this week in the flats boat. Fishing in water about calf deep. Reds off every oyster point and in every back corner and in every creek channel. Even watched one sleeping for a while. It has been as good as it gets around here (MHC/Beaufort) for those with the right boats and proper know how. If you are using a trolling motor around here, you are too deep.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Capt-_Gordon,

Sounds like some might good fishing! Do those Reds make it up to the Nags Head area of the OBX? I'll be there next weekend working on our beach house and was hoping to wet a line.

I attached a picture of how the fishing is here in MD (Susquhana Flats of Chesapeake Bay). Fish was caught in 2 foot of water on a topwater plug.

Tight Lines
Matt

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not familiar with that area. Fishing is too good around here to make that drive. I hear that redfishing can be a hit or miss thing up there while around here they are resident fish that stick around all year.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am going to be in Beaufort, NC for my mother-in-laws B-day this weekend (5/5). Would like to catch some specks or pups, first thing in the morning. I will not have my boat with me, just the waders. Any suggestions on where to go to get an early morning line wet? Have been catching nice specks off the beach in Kill Devil Hills, NC and in Rudee Inlet, VA the past 3 weeks. Thanks for any help.
Craig

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just saw your msg today. Sorry I could not get to you sooner to offer you some suggestions. Hope you were able to do something.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Capt. G...we don't have Redfish up here...that far up anyway....you guys have "paradise" down there....enjoy it!

Tony

But, man that was a pretty Rock[grin]

·
Registered
20 Posts
you just have to find the right spots in southern md to catch the red drum, caught plenty at night with soft crabs in pretty shallow water at dusk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts