Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
please tell me someone had some luck, we chummed at the nnr and trolled and it was slow, heading either north or south tomorrow.

cheers, floridays

·
Registered
24 Posts
We chummed the reef on Friday and caught the skunk. Bounced up and down all day, not even a take down. Did get sea sick for the 1st time. Never been sick, and I've been fishing on the bay and offshore since I can remember. Headed north on Saturday, fished just south of 70 on the channel edge. Picked up 3 rockfish all about 24" and 1 ray. Trolled back towards Smith Point but nothing to report.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I must have been lucky. We fished the NN reef from noon to 3:15 on Friday. Got a good many nice rocks including one of 36.25 inches.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Well that me share my luck over the weekend. Fished the NNReef on Thursday limiting out with 12 fish. Everything 24 to 27 inches. Paid up for the Tourney on Thursday night. Returned to the Reef on Friday morning with my brother. Have to say it was bumpy. Boat pointing one way, lines off the front of the boat and the chum was falling straight down. Did manage to pull in a monster 19 incher. Listen to the radio and all I heard was 30 more minutes and things were going to turn around. We fished from 0700 to 1900 hrs. Things never turned around. Returned to the Reef on Saturday with 2 additional fisherman. Again real bumpy. Same deal as the day before. Lines one way the boat another with chum falling straight down. Ended up with one 16 inch throw back. Knowing I couldn't lose out 3 days straight back to the reef on Sunday. We did manage one 22 inch rock and two 18 inch blues. Headed in around 2:00 with my tail tucked between my legs knowing I had been whipped. Cleaned fish, boat and fishing gear, cut the grass, cleaned up cottage and manage to get home at midnight last night. A very humbling weekend.
Bubba[sad][sad]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts