Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fishing the derby this year for the first time with some friends. Usually by June I have switched to fishing for flounder so I am not very familar with strategies. Would you troll or chum that time of year? Go for blues or rocks? not looking for anyones secret spot or lures just some general info how you would fish for em.

thanks in advance for any help

Andy

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
The vast majority of the boats entered chum at the NN Reef. Occasionally a good sized fish is caught there. Those with "go-really-fast" boats will go to the CBBT or head way north, and troll for bigguns'.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Most do chum. We fish it every year and have a blast. Weather permitting we will be out fishing thursday, usually check out the reef and a few other spots, maybe we will see ya at capt. meeting and can keep in touch on radio.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have fished that tournament for the last 6 or so years. People that I have asked about it say it might be alittle crooked. Just asking others opinons. Is it or they just not making the weight??

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I doubt that it is crooked at all. They have nothing to gain and everything to loose if they do anything wrong. Besides that these are good people who run this event and it is for a good cause. My hat is off to them for running a fine event.

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
Agree with Dave. Fine people run that Tournament. But, like I said, as in most tournaments, the guys/gals with really fast boats have a distinct advantage.[smile]

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well my buddies boat is pretty fast but I doubt we will want to spend the gas money to run to the bridge and back casue then you have to win to pay the fuel bill, haha. thanks for the input guys and we'll see you there

Andy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts