Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We headed out of Indian River Inlet at 6:45 am on Saturday morning to try reef #10 for some Tog action. It was raining as we headed out and the seas were 2-3 feet. Found some structure and achored up. We started getting hits right away and we hooked into one small Tog within 30 minutes and then hooked into a nice one, but it took us into the rocks and we lost it (Green Crabs). Everything seemed to shut off, then my son hooked into a 3 ft Spiney dogfish. Not such a bad thing, since my wife likes them. After that, they were all we could catch. We decided to try reef #11, so we headed out 16 miles....only to catch more spineys. Before we knew it we had 16 in the box.....some were REALLY big. We headed back to reef 10 to try tog again, and while we waited for the bite to come on, we started gutting the shark. One of the guys said he saw something hitting the guts in the drift. I took off my sinker and free spooled a whole squid........ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Off went the line...screaming. I set the hook and the fight was on. A HUGE bluefish. Had to be near 20 lbs....but it cut me off at the boat. We all rigged with steel leader and started chunking with the dogfish and squid. We ended up boating 15 Blues from 12 - 18 lbs. and we lost that many again. We left them still biting since it was getting late.

Best damn trip I've had in years....or maybe ever! Beat the heck out of fighting the parking lot at BP for Rockfish! By the time we found the Blues, we were the only boat left out on the reef. Water turned to glass and it was a beautiful day!
I'll post pics when I get them emailed to me.

Hope they stay out there! I went out to BP on Monday, but like so many that day I was skunked. Had four knock-downs and got spooled once, but nothing in the boat.

Tightlines,
Dutch
[excited]

·
Registered
56 Posts
Dutch,

Sounds like a memorable trip. I've been doing most of my fishing around the CBBT but that's a drive and a half. This year I'm going to try Delaware Bay and vicinity.

Do you have the gps numbers for Reefs 10 and 11? Or is there a web page that has them?

Thanks and tight lines.

rat

·
Registered
32 Posts
Dutch,

Thanks for the reoprt!

I will be fishing out of indian river all summer. Let's get some people involved and get some action on the board! Sure would be nice to get a heads up on what is happening down there without having to call the tackle shop.

Andy

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
308 Posts
[Q]m-skiff originally wrote:
Dutch,

Thanks for the reoprt!

I will be fishing out of indian river all summer. Let's get some people involved and get some action on the board! Sure would be nice to get a heads up on what is happening down there without having to call the tackle shop.

Andy
[/Q]

M-Skiff - try to get the tackle shops to post reports on the board when you pick up bait down there. Many of the tackle shop owners that I've talked to are not familiar with tidalfish. It would be nice to get more Delaware banter going on this board.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.