Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out Friday morning to my land in New Kent. I found a new scrape next to an old one we had been hunting. Saw nothing that morning so I called up Team Big Cat's Reelman5011 and we decided we would go that evening when he got of work. We decided to hunt close to each other because a few deer had been slipping by us at that spot because of the thick cover. We put out some tink's 69 in a few of our shooting lanes to get the deer where we needed them. I hadn't seen a thing al night and figured Travis wasn't either since we were only about 75 yards away. Then I hear him make then sould you make when you want to stop a deer. It turns out he was just trying to turn the deer. The deer had walked straight to the tinks we put down and stopped right on it. I then heard his bow go off and it seemed like forever waiting to hear the sound of the arrow hitting the deer, but there was no missing it. It was a perfect shot and a loud smack when it hit. Anway Congrats on your first deer/buck/bow kill. Now you can look for the big boys! And thanks for killing it right by the road so we didn't have to drag it very far, cause then we would have had to call Dayton.

Sorry about all the blood. We didn't realize it was so bad when we took the pictures.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Congrats Travis!!!! Nice work. There is nothing like getting one with the bow. And to get your first one that way, well, makes you a ReelMan!

Good looking deer. Now you will see how easy hunting with a gun is.

You are now hooked for life.

Dayton

·
Registered
766 Posts
I always knew he was a "DEADEYE DICK"...........when he shots from now on, there's no missing. AWESOME REELMAN. Not to mention you are trying to look so modest. You had to be jumping inside.............[excited][excited][excited]

·
Registered
52 Posts
StriperJoe- I was nervous from when i saw him come out of the woods until we got him back to the truck.
Couldn't have done it without the support of BigCat and Ranger690 pushin and makin me go hunt. Now I know what its all about. [excited]
Next time BigCat or I will bring a camera with a full charge rather than struggling to take pictures with a dead battery.

Treat Yourself! [grin][grin]

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Nice going Travis.

You can sure tell he's a Team Big Cat memeber, his first deer and not the slightest smile.

DEAN

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
[Q]ketch69 originally wrote:
Nice going Travis.

You can sure tell he's a Team Big Cat memeber, his first deer and not the slightest smile.

DEAN
[/Q]

That's just the way we roll! We were all smiles from start to finish but pictures are game face time. I did get one of him smiling though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts