Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to replace couple of penn 320/330 gti's what reel you guys like in
Same size,drag ect. Would like to stay with level wind for my more inexperienced
Folks.

·
Registered
355 Posts
reels

Need to replace couple of penn 320/330 gti's what reel you guys like in
Same size,drag ect. Would like to stay with level wind for my more inexperienced
Folks.
The last time I went to Tochterman's I was getting ready to buy some 330GTIs on Ande rods but they talked me into buying Okuma Convector 45s for less money. I am pleased with them and plan to pick up a couple more before next Spring.

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
Convector 45s hold more drag than a 330GTi.

Tekotas are great and a much nicer reel. If you are in it for the long haul and have the $$, they are an even better way to go.

A very nice reel in the middle would be the Okuma Solterras.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I use the Okuma Solterra's and Convector Line Counter reels and am very happy with both. The Okuma Convector Line Counters work great when using planer boards and we have had no problem reeling 47"+ Rockfish the past couple of years. I hose the down after every trip and have had no problems with them.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Tekotas run about 159.00 on eBay. Yeah budget is important for sure! I wouldn't ispend more than 75.00 on a trolling rod while we are on the subject.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the info guys. Great help. Not sure I can get cfo to go for the Tekota
Might have to be the convector 45's. Again tks
Tight lines.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Tekotas are like a mercedes compared to the penn gtis which id give chevy cavallier status(still use a few tho).Get the tekota 700

1 - 11 of 11 Posts