Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading down with the family 1st week in Aug. Looking for suggestions / recommendations on fishing options (surf, head boat, inshore charter, etc). . Thanks in advance .

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
HI:
If your Flounder/Fluke fishing try this:
Tie your leader about 6-10 inches ABOVE your sinker on your main line.
Add a strip of fish fillet,,,,,ALWAYS,,,ALWAYS,,,ALWAYS,,,hook that fillet SKIN SIDE UP. Did I say SKIN SIDE UP? Good. Droip to bottom and stick rod in rod holder.
Add a mummichog, killie, to your hook. Hook this live bait UP from the bottom behind the jaw and OUT NEXT to either eye.
I fish this rig as a dead stick rig ,NO FURTHER BACK than 30 feet behind the boat.
NOW, if you have another rod,do this:
Tie on a CHROME ball rig with two(2) hooks. Top hook should be about 8 inches above the CHROME BALL. add a small strip of fillet and now add THREE(3) spearing. Hook these fish THRU BOTH EYES. That way they flash and trash bright color attracting BIF fluke.
Bottom hook, add a 4 inch strip of fillet and add that live bait as above.
Bounce this rig off the bottom rig in 6-13 inch hops.That will attract LOTS more Flounder to your rig.
If the attracted flounder don't WACK N STACK the CHROME BALL RIG, they will drop down and turn around. When they do that, the DEAD STICK RIG is in their FACE. CCOOLL !!
Try it and see how it works. You can go to my website for more tips and tricks on "how to".
WACKM N STACKM
Joseph B...aka...Ancient Mariner

If you have any questions,e-mail or b-mail me and I'll help as much as I can.
Joseph B

[smile][smile][smile][smile]

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
If you're gonna try surf fishing, I'd recommed the 3Rs area just north of Bethany, the water is deeper closer to the beach. On a smallish outfit get some bloodworm Fishbites and toss a hi-low rig just beyond the breakers for kingfish. On a larger outfit (for casting distance) get some finger mullet and run 'em on through a mullet rig for little blues. The Cape Henlopen pier is always a good bet.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Indian River Inlet. Convenient to Rehoboth. Headboat there, surf fishing available, as well as the inlet. Scenic, charter boats coming back late afternoon from offshore. Great place to spend a day with the family. (And cheaper than turning wife loose with a credit card in Rehoboth factory outlet malls.) There will be a crowd (true everywhere that's nice this time of year.)

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Actually, I'm going down this Thursday 7/14. I'll post when I get back Sunday night or Monday. Hopefully I'll some blues for the smoker. I'm usually on the beach so I can't speak on charters and headboats. I did have friends that used to go on the Judy V out of Indian River (I think).

·
Registered
155 Posts
I was down in Lewes all last week. Took a head boat out of fishermans wharf 2 days with some great croaker action. Both trips were 1/2 days, and were $30. I fished Henlopean pier 2 nights with only a few small croaker, and dogfish. Fished off of the jetty at Roosevelt Inlet 2 nights. Lost a big striper one night, and other than that only had a couple other hits both days. Did end up coming home with 36 croaker, and 2 weakfish.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Well, all I can say is, do like Posse did, try the headboat and stay off the beach. Nothing much going on, nearly got spooled by a ray on Thurs, one little blue Friday and nada on Saturday. Fished 3Rs area (just south of Indian River inlet) each day. Didn't see anything else caught 'cept a ray and a dogfish. Tons of little blues feeding on tiny bait but couldn't get 'em. They kept biting the tails off the finger mullet just behind the hook, even tried a little stinger hook in the tail. Very small spoons prolly woulda worked, they wouldn't touch a 1 oz spoon.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
my family has been going to rehobeth for years. i usually do not fish.

I did notice the huge dredging operation on the beach. I wonder how that has changed the surf fishing?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts