Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left Owl's creek 01/17/11 @ 0545 and made a right turn headed south. After about an hour and a half in 3 to 4ft seas we were there! Two miles south of the Currituck light right on the three mile line. Birds were diving, bait every where, rocks were snapping and whales were surfacing all around. Had our limit of 10 in less than an hour and started cull'n for some bigger fish. Multiple doubles and probably released another 25 fish including one massive humpback that surfaced 4 feet from the boat and the proceeded to get foul hooked. Fought him for all of about 12 seconds after it proceeded to rip half the line off of the spool we cut it. I guess you could call it a quick releasedancedance!!!!!!! All in all, an awesome day!! Little bumpy on the way back took about 2 hrs to return 35 miles. Back by 1230. Great friends and good fishing wouldn't trade it for anything!!!! Thanks Jerry!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Good job on the fish. We tried to make it up that way...launched from Oregon Inlet and make the run north. Got as far as the COE pier and called it quits as the water was getting sloppy and we did not want to fight the outgoing tide at the inlet. 2 hour ride back south and no fish!

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Bs foul hooked dont count. According to PETA you just assualted that poor whale and murdered its family and destroyed its life! Your lucky he didnt hit the boat! Shoot we had one do that to us last summer. Scary when a whale thats twice as long as your boat pops up next to you. Weird seeing one that close.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Watch out...that's what really happened to the Essex. It ended up with the crew being adrift 90+ days at sea, drawing lots, and cannibalism. All because of a sperm whale foul hooked on a chartreuse stretch 25.

·
Premium Member
18,673 Posts
I received a voice mail from someone named Bob B something another reporting that there was a boat out there harassing whales in some catch and release fishing. Now I know who it was :wink44::))

Kidding aside, sounds like some good fishing, thanks for filing the report:thumbup::fishing2:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts