Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For you crabbers who use the plastic ties to hold your chicken necks in your traps you might be interested in these . Graingers has releaseable cable ties in stock .

They come in 8 " and 11 " lengths . catalog no 3LP18 Catamount [R] Standard Cable Tie . They have a large tab on them that you press to release the tie to remove old bait easily and rebait easily . $15 for 8" and $18 for 11 " for 100 pieces . They are made of black nylon and about 1 /4 wide . Very heavy duty .

Graingers location Near Golden Ring Mall . From rt 40 and Rossville Blvd . [Toys r Us ] go South towards Kelso Blvd . About halfway between 40 and Kelso on left there is a drive on left [ Sorry I don't know name ] . Turn left and they are the second warehouse on the left . I called a lot of electric places and Graingers was the only one I could find with them in stock .

I used a reg cable tie to attach the releaseable one to the trap .

I'm sure they can also be good for many other things around the shop or the house .

Tony

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lowe's and Home Depot carry them.
I saw the ones in HD and they would probably work but the release tab is really small . Not sure but the ones at Graingers are much thicker and the release tab is big and would probably be easier to open with wet slippery hands . Guess I'll have to wait till next year to give them a try .

Tony

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Sneaky little devils.........Those ties work great! I have been using them on things for a while!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts