Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put a post on the crabbing board about using releaseable cable ties to put chicken necks in pullup traps . I never knew these things existed .

They come in 2 sizes 8" and 11" and have a large tab at the head that you press to release the tie and you can repull and use them over and over. They are made of 1/4 " wide black nylon and very heavy duty . And cost around $15 per 100 .

I'm sure there are many uses for them for fishing and also on boats, in the shop or around the house.

I got them at Graingers near Golden Ring Mall . Rt 40 and Rossville . From Toy's r us go south on Rossville towards Kelso and there is a drive on the left into warehouse area .And it's the 2nd warehouse on left . Shopped all over and they were the only place that had them in stock .

You can also get them on the internet . I'm not sure if Graingers ships .

Tony

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Unlocking Cable Ties

Most all Ties can be released by sliding a thin pointed object along side the loose end of the strap into the square "locking" end to lift the "latch" up off the strap. I use a toothpick for small ones and pocket knife for the larger ones.
Not quite as quick and handy as these you are talking about but maybe a little cheaper. :))
budc

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.