Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a brand new Remington 700 XCR in 300 Ultra Mag [grin] ARRHH, ARRHH, ARRHH! Figured it was time to start working with a Magnum to ready for future hunts out West one day.

If any of you guys on the Board use one, can you give me some feedback on loads - what have you tried? Factories? Hand-loads? Any info would be appreciated. Looks like it takes a little searching to find rounds. So far, I think the Remington Premiers in 180-Grain Swift Scirocco Bonded Bullet look like a winner.

· Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feedback, Phil! You are correct, a man cannot safely exercise his Constitutional Right to Bear Arms enough. I will be looking forward to watching what this gun can do to a big whitetail, too. Nice to know that it probably won't rip my shoulder off. My 12ga w/ slugs and my Knight .50 Disc Extreme kick harder than anything else I've ever shot - and that's pretty dang hard - so, I'm used to it. Ballistics on the Ultra Mags are incredible. They really got that one right. Best of luck to you this season!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.