Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a reminder about some upcoming things

1. This weekend the GBFA fishing flea market takes place. Should be some a great collection of stuff for sale. Usually fishermen selling to fishermen so it prolly stuff you actually want.

2. Next weekend is the catching for kids tackle show at the khedive temple in Chesapeake. Vendors from all over our area as well as boat and trailer folks will be there with there wares. Should be a good chance to get some good deals for a good cause.

3. March 28th is our next meeting date. Don't have a speaker yet and not really sure what to do. If you have an idea let me know.

4. Also at the next meeting we will be collecting dues and holding elections. You must have your dues paid to vote. It would be nice if some new folks would step up and take a turn as a officer. If you're interested in running for a office let one of us know. All positions are open.

and finally

5. Flounder will be caught in Back River by the 20 the of this month.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Craig,
Since you don't have a speaker lined up I feel like Shane and yourself ought to share that slot and explain the proper method of catching flounder in Back River so us mere mortal fisherman can decide whether we would be in your way or not, if we decided to give it a try.
Bob

·
Registered
95 Posts
Come on Shane,
When you have been blessed with all that fishing knowledge you have to share it at some point in life. Public speaking is a bi--h but a real growing experience.

Craig,
If Shane is going to be selfish with his vast fishing knowledge and experience maybe someone else could talk on shallow water flounder fishing. I bought a bay boat from a guy that kept it in Moorehead City and used it for shallow water flounder fishing. I know a little bit about deep water and structure for flounder but nothing on shallow water. I would think this would be the time of year for it to happen. My first choice would be Shane but sometimes the Superstars just aren't available.
Bob

·
Registered
854 Posts
I am certainly no superstar Bob. I have been out 3 times so far and haven't caught a thing yet. Today the wind has me moving too fast to keep the baits on the bottom. There are MUCH more qualified people to speak on flounder fishing than me. All of this praise seems a little sarcastic anyhow! LOL.

Shayne

·
Registered
95 Posts
Shayne,

I can assure you that no sarcasm was intended or included. You and Craig didn't feel like you needed to share your inside joke on this site and I figured the meeting would be a good place to share it and your knowledge. I'm 100% serious unless the other guys in the club have that type of fishing down to a science. Even if you had to do a tag team presentation I would enjoy it and I'm sure learn alot. In the past I fished deep water all over the bay but now that I've taken early retirement and gas prices are being encouraged to rise so we buy sailboats, I'm trying to learn as much as I can about fishing close to home. If fishing close to home for other members of the club is old news I understand.

Bob

·
Registered
854 Posts
If you have any questions about what to use or where to fish Bob I'll be more than happy to let you in on any info I may have on the subject. One only needs to ask. So come on up at the next meeting and ask away buddy!! I just hope what I have to say helps in some way.

Shayne

1 - 11 of 11 Posts