Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replacing my OB fuel filter with one with the plastic drain bowl. Remember reading problems removing the plastic bowl from the filter. thinking of using nickle anti-sieze. Yes or no or better ideas. Thanks, George.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Not sure about using lubricant here ? I removed my old plastic bottom filter last year, and it seemed that just like any filter that you install.......don't put it on too tight, just tight enough to make a good seal. Plus, if it's too tight, it may leak immediately, not good with gas fumes. The "O" ring is large on the filter, and since the threads are right handed, it will only tighten with vibration and time, usually ! I'm not even sure that using a special teflon tape here would work any better. My experience with other things is that if you use a lubricant, it will attract outside dirt and dust, that might make it even harder to remove the filter bowl later.

I would ask a dealer for their recommendations, or better yet the manufacturer !

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
Apply o-ring lube, or Vaseline for that matter, to the o-ring and tighten by hand.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts