Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
because of the blues this year I am having to restock up on plastic shad. Does anyone have any recommendations where I might be able to pick up shad in bags instead of singles? I've check online with no success.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Warrens in glen burnie will sell you a bag. Dont know where you are.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Order a gallon of plastic, but a mold, and make them yourself. Make them in your microwave. MUCH cheaper than buying them at a shop, and you will recoop the investment in the first year (if you fish fairly often). Good luck.

·
Registered
10,547 Posts
I am out Dundalk, so Glen burnie is not out range, but I was hoping to find something a little closer.
You really should check out that link . Not many shops carry them but I've been using them for a while and I know some charter guys here on the lower shore that swear by them . They are very tough , have a great action and aren't slimy with oil like the cheaper shads . They also have color combos that nobody else makes and you can get them rigged as well . Top quality in my opinion .

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Order a gallon of plastic, but a mold, and make them yourself. Make them in your microwave. MUCH cheaper than buying them at a shop, and you will recoop the investment in the first year (if you fish fairly often). Good luck.
Not only can you buy a gallon of plastic, but you can also remelt your old ripped out plastic shad and recast them into new ones. I've been doing that to all my old plastics, including BAs, for the past couple of years. Then its REALLY cheap.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Yup... it doesnt hurt your feeling so badly to pull up a half of a shad while the blues are in town. Just melt the half back down, and try again later!

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Thats the one Mike...Its a little difficult to see exactly which molds look right- but once you find the right one... they are really easy. I suggest adding some hardener to the mix... it gives the plastics some really good toughness, and they can be reused too.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
---Use " Shady Deales "

·
Premium Member
26,231 Posts
Bluefin's Tackle -right in your backyard :yes:. 700B Wise Ave. 410 477-9244.

Brian (owner) will often cut you a break on a bag of 50 :thumbup:.

Be careful buying cheap shads-sometimes the plastic is too soft and the tails wear off after 3-4 hours of trolling.The plastic should be firm.Most local shops carry the better ones.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Bluefin's Tackle -right in your backyard :yes:. 700B Wise Ave. 410 477-9244.

Brian (owner) will often cut you a break on a bag of 50 :thumbup:.

Be careful buying cheap shads-sometimes the plastic is too soft and the tails wear off after 3-4 hours of trolling.The plastic should be firm.Most local shops carry the better ones.
I second Blue Fins on Eastern. Deal w/ Brian he will hook it up. Bring cash- he loves that stuff :D

Dave

·
Registered
148 Posts
I like the idea of pouring my own. About how many 9' shads can you get out of a gallon of molding plastic?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts