Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the boys out yesterday, and was graciously joined by Chuck (Flounderman2001). Plan A was eels at the 4A, but the wind/sea forecast was a little much with the boys along, so we decided on CH. We left the dock about 0800, and the first fish went in the box @ 0830. We thought it was going to be gangbusters, but after that, the bite slowed significantly for us. We hung around the CH area all morning and got into a bit of a mid-morning bite right off the cape. It was fun watching the all action on the surface, and I regretted not bringing my lighter tackle. We ended up taking home 3 keepers, 31-33 inches and we boated a handful of dinks all about 26 inches. The throwbacks were nice fat fish, though.

We threw the kitchen sink at the fish, and best results were on 5" bunker shads and white bucktails. We did catch one keeper on a homemade John Kersh broomhandle special trolled WFB- it is one ugly lure, but it catches fish! I attached a few pics-sorry for the poor quality though.

Thanks to Chuck for coming out with us. The boys had a great time hauling in those fish, but I need to work on getting them to help clean them:). I may try to get out Mon if the weax cooperates. I still have some eels to drown!

Cheers,
Walt

Attachments

·
Registered
7,198 Posts
Yeah....don't you wish

...that you could sleep like that? But, hey, somebody has to take the helm!!

Nice day on the water for you....and Chuck makes a first rate first mate!!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Walt,
I certainly enjoyed the day with you and the Boys.They sure kept me busy but they were troopers.Sorry we couldn't connect with bigger Stripers but the boys had a hard time with those in the low 30".Pictures came out pretty good. To bad the boys wouldn't hold the fish themselves without my mug in the photo's.:D
Regards

·
Registered
769 Posts
Congrata

It's great you got the boys out there! My son does the same thing. Will not hold the fish, but loves to crank them. Thanks for the report!

SG

·
Registered
60 Posts
The broomhandle loooowers roool. HA! Glad you caught a fish on it. Way good. Better still you got a chance to "put to sea" with your sons. Welcome home Walt!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts