Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the Cell for some Tog action. We caught 3 Togs that were about 22" long (nice thick fish) 3 small Blues and my wife caught a 13" Sea Bass. Fish were caught on hard crab. We were expecting the bite to a bit better but we had a wonderful time. Beautiful day on the bay.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Way to Go BT

Nice work on the rubber lips, and thanks for the report. See any birds working on the way across, I haven't fished in over a month and I'm ready for the big boys to show up. reports for the NN board seem to have dwindled to a trickle, but it does not seem like the stripers are getting caught yet.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Went to the Cell for some Tog action. We caught 3 Togs that were about 22" long (nice thick fish) 3 small Blues and my wife caught a 13" Sea Bass. Fish were caught on hard crab. We were expecting the bite to a bit better but we had a wonderful time. Beautiful day on the bay.
Those were all only 1" away from being release citations. Nice fish and report.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Bt,
I wanted to give you a local fishing report. I fished a couple days ago at the bridge for an hour and caught 3 keeper rock. A 20 1/2in, 20, and 19 and all were caught on bucktails. I had fun close to home but are ready to hit the bay when the bite gets hot.
Matt

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
David,
Got the form and we will be fishing.
Dave,
No birds but we were expecting the stripers to surface around the Cell. Didn't happen.
Matt.
Thanks for the report and congrats on the close to homers. I've been doing it here at the house also.
cuhollow,
Didn't even think about the release paper at the time , should have and should have measured a little closer. Thanks for reminding me cause we are going again.

·
Registered
421 Posts
A bit south of where I usually fish on the Rapp, but Saturday went with neighbor to Mojack and got a 20" spec, 16" pup, and stripers 19,20 22 and 24. The rock all came within 20 minutes in about 4 foot of water, which is what we fished all day for specs.

So, a lot of the fish may still be hugging the shore. Water temp was 53F.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts