Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left the dock around 7:30 with the wife and fished the 42, Cell area. Fishing was slow. Only had one keeper, which is supper in about 30 minutes. Also had 2 crocker and 1 bluefish. It was a little sloppy going and coming but the weather should get better.
Good luck to all.
T-Bear

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Sooner or later it has to get better! Thanks for the report T-Bird.

·
Registered
861 Posts
We've had some decent luck with the flounder in the lower Potomac. Biggest was 24". Most were 16"-20". Were caught on squid and minnow combo.

Mushy
27' Judge
Chesapeake
"Getsome"

·
Registered
170 Posts
Sorry to hear the fishing was slow for ya'll Frank. Wonder what is happening over there? Do you happen to know what Bobby's fish weighed. Talked to Curtis and he only caught one croaker at Wolf Trap.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Went to 42 yesterday with DRB. Picked up a 20" and a 22". Croaker strips with minnows. Saw a guy out there in a WAVERUNNER. Croaker strips stayed on better than squid. Thanks DRB!!

·
Registered
336 Posts
We made 8 solid drifts around b42 (1.0 - 1.9 mph) and picked up 5 flatties with 4 being keepers (19-22"). Came back across with a box of 13 BIG croakers and those fluke - I called it a good day the way it sounds - first trip over this year.

·
Registered
306 Posts
We were out at the Cell yesterday(Sunday) and caught one 15 in and lost a LARGE one by the boat. Couldn't believe it. Anyway what are the odds that cobia would be up by the cell this time of year. We were drifting and I notice two fish in excess of 24 inches swimming on the surface about 25 yds off the boat. I know they weren't rays or anything but I can't figure out what else they would be besides cobia?? Anyone have any other ideas. They looked like cobia but I couldn't get a good enough look to be for sure.

EHO IV

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
The mostly likely explanation is rays, but there was a release citation cobia caught at the Buoy 42 area on Sunday.

·
Registered
561 Posts
saw 2 cobia yesterday just north of the cell. by the time we noticed they were past us. got off one cast that turned one of em but no strike. cranked lines in and gave chase but just out of range a good wave slapped the hull and down they went. good to see and definately got my blood pumping. no flatties for us. just a bunch of 16-18in croaker and one nice 22-24 in trout.

Andy

·
Registered
33 Posts
Made my first trip of the year to the cell yesterday. Caught 5 between 21" and 28". I have heard talks of more cobia further north this year. Maybe next trip will be a cobia trip.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Thanks for the report Frank. Should be heating up any day now, I hope it is soon as my wife is pregnant and my fishing windows seem to be slowly getting shorter. Nice work on the spade BT!

Feeshon Aboard the Jezebel II [grin]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts