Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well headed up to my dads with the intension of running from my dads house Which is about a 25 mile run to the Roanoke to do some striper fishing on Saturday but....... We boarded my dads boat at 5:30am and the wind was howling around 20-25 so we opted to stay close. We trolled around th lower Chowan River and picked up a few small stripers and While we were trolling marked some big schools of White Perch on the sonar in aroun 15ft of water and put out some markers to go back and fish later.
After a few smalish stripers my dad wanted some action so we took out the spinning tackle with 4lb test and went Perch jigging. All I can sayis it was red hot!! Over a three hour period we caught well over 150 fish in one spot !!! Almost every drop down. :grin: :grin:
Talk about a tired wrist!! Was great fun even if the wind was singing through the T-Top. Kept around a dozen and a half pound in a halfers for my dad and what a blast. Good fishing Mark

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks for the post offshore. How far up the Chowan did you go? I fish out of Gatesville and the white perch have been spotty at best. Have boated a few nice size but no pounders yet. Mostly trolling beetle spins tipped with shrimp but have casted to shore and landed some. Anyone fishing Kilns Creek Arrowhead Beach or Colrain areas yet?

Good luck & Keep hookin,

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We caught them right off Arrowhead Beach In 9-15 ft of water. Work the drop off with your sonar when you find a big school drop anchor up wind from them and drift back to them.We use small silver or gold spoons and jig for them . Mark

·
Registered
47 Posts
BigPapa

I've caught a few when white perch fishing with both minnow and trolling. A usal good place is Horn Point. Its about mid way between the Gatesville landing and Holiday Island. We see a lot of bass hunters banking the banks anywhere near cyprus trees in the water. They atre spotty at best and haven't see any size to them.
Good luck and keep hookin

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know they have been stocking them in the Chowan. Last trip to my dads we caught 3-4 2lbrs off his bulkhead. Mark

1 - 9 of 9 Posts