Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got on the water today right at high tide,fished a little north of Reedy Pt soon as the tide started out,fish just jumped all over the hooks caught 40-45 stripers biggest 26in's,and a few perch with one just at 1 lb looked like it's belly was going to blow up it was so fat,bloodworms,fresh herring and gulp blood strips all produced well with none being better then the other,when one bait slowed we would switch baits and start catching again

nice little football

these fish were fighting like they were twice there size,hit hard and fought hard

a meaty perch

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the herring we used today came from lower De. fresh caught Monday ,called Herb's today they had plenty of fresh...

·
Registered
101 Posts
LENNY

You guys are killing me

I am setting here at work waiting for the phone to ring

but that won't happen since the number is not in the phone book again.

Jeff

·
Registered
194 Posts
Boat Ramp at Fort Dupont ST Pk

I noticed Reedy Pt is located on the State Park.... What are the park hours, fees, season?
What kind of a license do I need..... I have a MD boat license.....

thanks,

Bill A.
[email protected].....

Looks like it might be worth a trip.....

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jeff,
work has gotten in the way of fishing for to many years,but not any more now I pick when I want to work and fish when ever I want:)) ,life is real good,I will give you call...

Sandeel,
Reedy Pt. is the at the mouth of the C & D on the De river no state park no fees,we are launching from Gov. Bacon state ramp and fishing around Pea Patch island(fort De)out of state you need a De ramp pass which is good at any De state ramp,no fishing license is needed in De in tidal waters,the fishing is great right now and will get much better just waiting on the next moon and the cows should show along with the herring..

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sandeel,
no not at the De state ramps,none I have ever used have had a drop box,the permit I think is 30-35 bucks,which is good at all state ramps ie:Lewes,Indian River inlet..which you can pay per use,Gov Bacon,Augustine Beach ect...

·
Registered
525 Posts
Nice report. I am considering making the trip through the C&D for some Friday night fishing in that area. There is still nothing on the flats yet to speak of.

·
Registered
194 Posts
ramp permit

I found DE DNR site with many commercial outlets for the permits..... I can get one at Delaware City Marina... 302 Canal St.... 302-834-4172 35.00 This is just a spit from the Bacon lauch ramp.....

I also printed off some charts of the Pea Patch just in case my chart plotter doesn't cover it.... Are the fish on the channel edges....?

thanks,

Bill A.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts