Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
White Perch are here!

If you have any doubts whether to try perch jerking or not.....do it. I have been consistently catching white perch from the sailboat docks of the Academy. Also, most are of decent size (nothing smaller than 7 inches with the average being at 9 inches, and a few 10.5-11 inchers). It seems that they are more active on overcast days and hug to dock pilings/ shade during the sunny periods of the day.

weapons of choice:
single shad dart for accurate dock shooting/jigging
mylar spinner jigs- similar to the Woody ones but without the actual feathers. I forgot who makes these. J. A. Veil probably knows- for water up to 8ft deep

roadrunner with straight tail- sinks faster and can double for jigging as well

crappie tube beetlespin- I customize these but sliding a jighead inside a hollow crappie tube and attaching a spinner arm to the tube jig- for water less than 3 ft. It sinks really slowly but has a nice helo action.

Other observations: plenty of grass shrimp hanging around these docks, tiny baitfish are everywhere- even saw schools of 2-3 inch bluefish tearing them up. Today, I also landed a bonus 13 inch striper.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just logged on to make a similar perch report. Intermittently fished from the kayak this evening for about 30 minutes while getting a bit of exercise in and caught 12 to 15 perch. Every other cast was a fish. Mine were all small though. Maybe one over 6 inches.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts