Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If you saw folks keeping undersize fish, ie. flounder, would you report them, did not even measure, not even close, just threw in cooler. For me it was easy, I made the call, as many fish as I release.....you better believe it. Also, here's the number just in case you need it: 757-247-2200.:nono:

* Sorry it was regular folks fishing, not commercial folks duh. Should have made it more clear and not open ended. They were also fishing from the bank/peir, public peir, and it's not a discussion on what to do with gut hooked fish...

·
Premium Member
5,925 Posts
Do as u wish, just don't end up w/ egg on your face.

This same topic comes up every year including killing under fish for belly bait, but the poster Is not willing to give any details, so when asking such an open ended question, it's impossible to know the answer, you might be reporting a comm fisherman.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Where'd you see them? They seem to keep a lot of undersized fish at Rudee Inlet. I was down there yesterday. The place was trashed and one guy with cocktail in hand was cutting up undersized flounder for bait. He threw a 12 incher back when I mentioned that I wouldn't want to risk the potential fine for being caught with it. No sign of VMRC or the local law enforcement. Even the parking guy didn't seem to want to write tickets when he came by to a full lot with all meters expired. Very unlike Virginia Beach. Anywhere else in the area and the cops and parking enforcement would have been all of the place. I'd have thought that as nice as they are trying to make that part of the beach that they would have stricter enforcement.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I once hollered at a couple of guys for keeping undersized flatties. They pointed to the placard on their console - yep, commercial fishermen. Egg on my face that time, but never again - lesson learned.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
I know a guy who kept two undersized gut hooked and bleeding flatties because he wanted some fish for dinner, I betcha he goes right strait to hell if there really is such a place. Just my 2 cents worth.

·
Registered
9,443 Posts
I don't know boys, I am willing to give them a break. ( Wardens/Marine Police)

The Marine Police/ Game Wardens are spread so thin it is ridiculous.

Hell, do a search and look at the ground they have to cover.

On another note, I saw 5 tickets written Tuesday where I was fishing.

Dennis:))

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
No they will not go to the big hell but fish hell. Fish hell is where all the fish you have caught take bites out of you for eternity. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attept to poison and destroy my brother fish.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts