Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We went north from Deltaville and found a small pod of birds working just below "62". With the results of our previous 2 outings (150 fish with 6 citations) we decided to fine tune our spread to target only the larger fish (fewer lines with more large spoons).Our 3rd fish was 45 1/2". We thought we had things dialed in and then the birds dissapeared. We stayed in that general area and had a steady pick of fish (1 or 2 fish every 10 minutes or so). Our new technique did not pan out. We only managed 4 fish over 40" and caught more smaller fish averaging 32-34".
Total for the day: 55
40 fish on the troll - 1 citation
15 fish jigging - largest 40"

P.S. We invited a friend (Sam) along for his first trip in 07'. He was the one that caught the citation. My record is intact. Everyone that has fished with me in 07' has caught a citation.
I haven't yet. It seems I am there just to hold the "Golden Horseshoe" up everyone elses butt.:D

·
Premium Member
26,152 Posts
Sea Wolf-we ran past #62 and tried RP-zero on the jig.I think we passed you on the way back to # 63A.We caught 7-8 trolling in 1 1/2 hours right before dark.Wish I knew you were into the fish. Skip

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Sea wolf,

Did your fish finder always show concentrations of bait or fish when you guys were catching? Did the jigging bite continue even after the birds disappeared?

thanks and excellent results. You guys did very well.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The only bait we saw was in 90ft. of water with little or no fish marking. We caught fish from 45 ft. - 90ft. with only an occasional fish mark. The only concentration of fish we found was in 53ft. It was small but layered high, no birds. We jigged on it for about 20 minutes then they vanished. I shouldn't take credit for finding the pod of fish David Nobles called us over to it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts