Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Boat: Dandy Hooker
Crew: Rich, Al, and myself

We had planned to fish the ocean side of the ES today, but after I got out of the woods yesterday, I learned that the forecast had turned easterly. Rich called last night and mentioned that we should go lookin' for some paper, so I checked with Al, all's good and we're eelin'. Got a dozen from Wallaces this am, and away we go.

Just one note: Friday night, Becky and I gave away our leftover eels to Jason(1hillbilly), since I was supposed to be on the troll today. At 11am this morning, Jason overheard me telling Darren that we were down to 2. Next thing I know, Jason is calling me over, and offers to give me a few of his eels so we can keep catchin'. Talk about good Karma, I didn't even know he was there................ big thanks to Jason!!:)

After a smooth ride across, we worked a few areas, and ended up in our favorite spot, should have started there:eek: . As the sun rose higher in the sky, the place came to life and the birds were feeding like it was their last meal. It was on from there, we landed around 35, with an average of 40". Al had 2 papers, 44" and 45". Rich had a 44" and I got my first paper of '07 at 46.5". :)

We all had a blast with the C&R. It was nice talking to Ira and Darren out on the water, sounds like everyone was having a great time. A trip not to soon be forgotten. Al and Rich, great fishin' with ya'll as usual.

Nice one there Rich

Al's first Paper

Just a 42", had to get a pic for the record

Al, hold on while I take Richie's Pic

Rich with his 44"

Closer, but still only 43", I think she's been eatin' !!!!!

Finally, 46.5" Beauty....................... bad hair day

Big Al's second paper of the day at 45", looks like someone needs a nap

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
You guys were definitely on fire out there today. We caught, but not like you guys were, even when we difted right down your stern!!! :eek: I think that hole needs to be renamed the Christmas Eve hole, then you can just call me straight in without getting swamped. :D

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
Great day of Catch and Release . . .

I would like to commend you for your ability to get great photos without sticking your hands into the fish's gill plates. In every picture you held the fish by the mouth and tail. . . .

Tom

·
Registered
154 Posts
What A Day!

brian, best trip i ever had!:D :D :D the bite was on! have a new respect for eel fishing! thanks to all the people that made this a great trip! brian, rich, beck, jason, ira,darren his crew sanity and carolyn. this was a day to remember for sure! brian put me on a 45 and a 44.5 these were the 2 largest rocks so far for me.ready to go again this week, cain't wait.

HO FO LIFE!
BIG AL

·
Registered
7,198 Posts
I want to commend you guys on an absolutely GREAT Day!!

We fished part of the day in your wake and you outperformed us. Same bait, same depths, and different results.

YOU guys definitely had the hot hand! We were hotter north of you when we went up to the Light and the gannets kept pounding the water up there with fish breaking the surface at times......but YOU guys.....we were hoping for the Chinese Fire Drill and never got it. We had two on, I believe, once....but YOU guys did it repeatedly....couldn't even stay on the phone or radio because you needed to use your hands!

Really great to share the water with you today. May all your days be that blessed.

·
Premium Member
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Darren, the "Christmas Eve Hole" it is

Sanity, it was just our turn today I guess. Lots of great memories made today, glad you and Darren and Carolyn were a part of it.

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
Very nice indeed!!! Bet your dad is pissed he didn't go now. All that's left is to get ya a 50lb + beast. Congrats guys, WTG!!!

Now that those slobs are stuffing their guts again, I suppose anything over 46" has the potential of topping 50lbs.

·
Registered
344 Posts
We fished right there with you guys yesterday and we did real well too. We had two release papers on the boat one at 44 and the other 45. The bite became so good at one point we stopped fishing the eels and started jigging. We caught about 12 out of 25 that way, and my paper fish at 44" came on the lightest rod on the boat. I thought she was going to spool me. The rest were on eels. What a great day.

By the way, David thanks for the trip on the New Tiger Paw. Was very nice to fish out of, and it definately puts fish in the boat.

Ralph

·
Premium Member
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Tom, we made our best effort to handle the fish with care. Dehook, one photo and back swimming, if all went well, in 60 seconds or less. AND, we only netted about five fish all day, the biggest of the catch, and we lipped the rest. It's actually less work and easier to handle the fish when it's not netted.
Great day of Catch and Release . . .

I would like to commend you for your ability to get great photos without sticking your hands into the fish's gill plates. In every picture you held the fish by the mouth and tail. . . .

Tom

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hey, Graceland - spoke to you on the radio. Told you about the bite north of 18. We got ours, too. Kayak style. Had to paddle for the barn early due to wind. We blasted 'em while it lasted. What a day.

·
Registered
7,198 Posts
We say you out there in your yak!

We figured that you had to be getting a "Kiptopeake Sleigh Ride" since those hosses would just about drag us out of the boat!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.