Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been trying them crappies all week.they ahve sure spread out and got smaller.the bite around manns harbor bridge for schoolie rockfish is in full swing.most fish on eels up against the pilings but bucktails with 4 inch mr.twisters has been good to.they have been picking some up trolling but not as many as the guys casting and live baiting the pilings.supposed to close on business deal friday then my money isnt tied up in that so i can check the offshore and cobia bite out.good luck and save a few for me i am almost there.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Rich,

Don't mean to but-in, I am getting transferred to the Norfolk Area and we are looking to possibly move to NC and do the commute everyday. I mention this because I noticed you are in the moyock area.... I currently own an older Bayliner 21ft trophy and would like to know if this boat is well suited to Albermarle Sound and Currituck Sound or is the boat to large for the area?

Any insight to the area including launching facilities etc would be appreciated.

Thanks
Bill

·
Registered
395 Posts
[Q]billwilken originally wrote:
Rich,

Don't mean to but-in, I am getting transferred to the Norfolk Area and we are looking to possibly move to NC and do the commute everyday. I mention this because I noticed you are in the moyock area.... I currently own an older Bayliner 21ft trophy and would like to know if this boat is well suited to Albermarle Sound and Currituck Sound or is the boat to large for the area?

Any insight to the area including launching facilities etc would be appreciated.

Thanks
Bill
[/Q]Your boat will be just fine in the sounds and rivers. Not much difference in the upper Cbay and the area that you looking to move,except the fishing is better down here. Good luck in your move, and welcome to the area.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
theres a ramp on poyners road.one a tulls bay marina if they ever get the okay to finish it.there is a public ramp at poyners road.there is another ramp at the end of spot road with the state buliding a big one just past that at point harbor.both are shot aND SHORTER RUNS TO THE STIPERS AT THE CURRITUCK BRIDGE.there is a public ramp behind the elementary school at aydlett with access at the little narrows.get with me or b mail when you get settled in and we will take a joy ride to the ramps one afternoon or evening.there is one in tuulls bay but it is for the owners and guest only fortunate for me my pop lives there [grin][grin].there is a pay ramp acroos the va line at bobs fishing hole.bait can be bought at currituck sports.(the best choice anymore)coles where its hardly ever fresh and usually dies fast but the most stable hours .east coast home and garden beside citgo in the same parking lot.their bait is fresh but is usuallt hit and miss and usually miss as they dont stock a lot.bobs :i dont know what the he## is going on there he sadid two weeks ago he was just getting opened but i am tired of stopping and finding a locked door.they used to be the best bet.so i recomend stopping in va . anywhere or going down to currituck sports but thats a 35 -40 minute ride just for bait.hope this will help you and we will get together some time and i can show you around the rivers and holes and seceret spots but you have to promise not to fish in them unless you invite me first.if i am to buisy to go then you must promise me your first born and half your catch.lmao.hope this helps.b-maail when you get settled in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.