Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
July 19 , I have the pleasure of fishing with Fishscales aboard his vessel at the CBBT. Target species was sheephead. I had gathered 43 fiddlers the day before and had high hopes of sheep papers. Shortly after anchoring at the 3rd. island Fishscales had a nice tog in the box. Not long after I have a large sheep hooked up and with an expert net job by Fishscales a beautiful sheep goes in the box. High Fives & Hoops an Hollers! Next my buddy is hooked up to what we think is another sheep but turns out to be a huge black drum. We finally get him in the boat for the measure. 47 inches! Nice release paper for Fishscales. After the pictures a fine release. Figure we already have the camera out may as well take a picture of my sheep. I take him out of the cooler and damn if he don't just jump right overboard. Very hearty fish indeed. Didn't measure him so no release paper. The bite stopped for some reason and didn't catch another decent fish the rest of the day. Definately had big fun and need to get after those sheeps again!
Now , July 27 , Gene Byrum and myself head over to B42 for some flounder action. Only a few boats there and the drift is pretty decent. Gene hooks up with a nice 6 lb. flatty right off the bat. Figure its gonna be a good day. We get another in the box but it was only 17" but good enough. Drifted several areas but no more fish. Not as hot as we thought it may have been so we stuck it ot for a while. When we got back to shore it was smoking hot at the marina. Big fun on the bay and a few fish to boot. By the way pink caught both fish.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Nice work BT - too bad about the jumping sheep ! Thanks for the report.

Feeshon [grin]

·
Registered
336 Posts
BIG fish report - nice!!

Rookie question: any hints on how to catch/gather those fiddlers; they run away as soon as we see them on the low tide mud; I figure one must dig them up...dunno

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The way I gather them is chase the little rascals down. Almost had a heat stroke but I got 43 of them in a short time. Don't worry about them pinching you. It don't hurt I promise. [grin]

·
Registered
20 Posts
BT
Thanx for the fishin trip. I definitely needed the break. We'll catch more next time. Speakin of fiddlers.... why don't you catch a bunch and we'll go after some of dem sheeps in my boat on your next day off[excited]
Bobby/Mac/sherry/warren good to hear from ya'll. Hope ya'll are getting to fish more than I am...

Live to fish,[excited]
Gene
Teacher's Pet

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds good Gene!
No don't dig the fiddlers up. It destroys the wetlands. Chase them down and grab the little rascals before they get to the holes. Not easy but it can be done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts