Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Republicans are fighting using any of their ill-gained $740,000,000,000 to assist the Big Three. If they don't get assistance (Chrysler paid theirs back in one year) thousands will be laid off from the Big Three itself and many more thousands from suppliers with some of the smaller suppliers going out of business entirely. While I'm not totally convinced a bail-out will work I have to look at history and in the case of Chrysler it did. I do know that thousands dumped out of jobs right now would be a disaster to all phases of our economy.

With thousands being added to the unemployment lines monthly the Republicans want to halt the stimulus package which will put money in the hands of the consumer and when spent will give the economy a boost.

The Republican Plan seems to be that unemployment is the key to economic strength.:wacko:

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Etofool who do you think will pay the Big 3's bill the American people. So now cars are even more expensive and harder to get loans for them so whats your point? But I have to admit finally a thought of your own, go back to cut and pasting your way through life. It makes more sense!\

Oh yeah! In 2007 GM $71.00 hr to make a car Toyota $47.00 to make a car right now! So what do you think that loan will do to GM's ability to make it affordable etofool.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
The Republicans are fighting using any of their ill-gained $740,000,000,000 to assist the Big Three. If they don't get assistance (Chrysler paid theirs back in one year) thousands will be laid off from the Big Three itself and many more thousands from suppliers with some of the smaller suppliers going out of business entirely. While I'm not totally convinced a bail-out will work I have to look at history and in the case of Chrysler it did. I do know that thousands dumped out of jobs right now would be a disaster to all phases of our economy.

With thousands being added to the unemployment lines monthly the Republicans want to halt the stimulus package which will put money in the hands of the consumer and when spent will give the economy a boost.

The Republican Plan seems to be that unemployment is the key to economic strength.:wacko:
Deemocrats hold the purse strings. maybe a non-binding resolution would help. The dems. are ineffective, as you will soon see.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
CZ the Dems do not hold the pursestrings on the $740,000,000,000 Paulson/Bush do.
I have already gone on record as being opposed to a bailout of the Big Three but after further study the alternatives especially at a time of recession are too grim to contemplate.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
CZ the Dems do not hold the pursestrings on the $740,000,000,000 Paulson/Bush do.
I have already gone on record as being opposed to a bailout of the Big Three but after further study the alternatives especially at a time of recession are too grim to contemplate.
On a serious note, please explain how Congress could not stop this if they want? I may be wrong, but if what you say is true, why did they have to vote for it?

·
Registered
306 Posts
I was listening to the news this morning and they were talking about the chrysler bail out way back when. The difference between now and then is that Lee Ioccoca gave congress a business plan on how he would use the money and how it would be paid back and it worked. The current baffoons have no plan and just want the money and it will go down the drain with no positive outcome. They should be forced to file for chapter 11 and reorganize into companies that are productive, efficient and make money.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
On a serious note, please explain how Congress could not stop this if they want? I may be wrong, but if what you say is true, why did they have to vote for it?
Congress approved Plan A and passed the allocation of $740B. Paulson is now before Congress explaining why he, without Congressional approval, switched to another plan altogether.....ergo Bait and Switch. PS Bush pulled that one to get us into a war with Iraq. WMD...then he ridiculed the inability of the military to find WMD at a National Press meeting...a video must be available if you are interested in watching your President make fun of not finding any WMD....while American's are dying in his war.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Congress approved Plan A and passed the allocation of $740B. Paulson is now before Congress explaining why he, without Congressional approval, switched to another plan altogether.....ergo Bait and Switch. PS Bush pulled that one to get us into a war with Iraq. WMD...then he ridiculed the inability of the military to find WMD at a National Press meeting...a video must be available if you are interested in watching your President make fun of not finding any WMD....while American's are dying in his war.
Congress could put the brakes on right now if they wanted. Just as if they could put the brakes on Iraq IF they wanted. The spineles dems do not have the guts to do what is right for the country...or at least what they say is right. All they can do is give it lip service and pass non-binding resolutions. That will not change.

Their time to blame W and pubs for everything is over. Now they have no excuse.

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
...and you sound like a worn-out broken record that everyone is sick of listening to. Perhaps you should stage a silent retreat, and regroup, like the rest of the losers?:yes:

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
...and you sound like a worn-out broken record that everyone is sick of listening to. Perhaps you should stage a silent retreat, and regroup, like the rest of the losers?:yes:
You mean a worn out broken record that you are sick of listening to...because it's your party f-ing it up now? Prove me wrong or stop crying about your party's ineptness. They have been inept for 2 years, I anticipate that trend will continue with or without BO.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Happens frequently but you are blind and deaf to it.
I assume the dems. are going to be as overspending and useless as the pubs have been. I am just wondering if you will be as critical of them as you have the pubs...based on your sidestepping so far I am guessing no.:D

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
Why would anyone be critical of the Dems spending.... That's what they said they are going to do. They never said they were conservatives....

Duh.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Republican and conservative are the same thing...or begin another party...the CONservatives. As a independent and a American I feel there is far to much Republican and Democratic sniping and less what is good for America legislation enactment.

·
Registered
775 Posts
E123, your comment "Republican and conservative are the same thing" shows an astounding lack of what conservative thought involves. There are still some conservative Democrats btw, although not many. Remember the group known as southern Democrats which were considered conservatives.
Anyone else think his comment is nuts or is it just me?

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
There is a myriad of political beliefs that covers a virtually infinite spectrum. But, real world, you have 2 choices when voting. Republican, or Democrat.
All other choices may make you feel good, but in reality, you aren't participating.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts