Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
California is nearly bankrupt; the state was just projected to have a deficit of $28 billion through June 2010. The state has vastly increased its public spending over the rate of inflation. Californians pay among the highest sales and income taxes in the nation.

But what they see in return are bloated bureaucracies, poor schools, congested highways and dysfunctional community hospitals. With a bailout, California's governor and legislators won't worry too much that their constituents are some of the most taxed and least served of any in America.
OP ED Victor Hansen

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Ran by democrats MOONBAT! Whats your point.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
California is nearly bankrupt; the state was just projected to have a deficit of $28 billion through June 2010. The state has vastly increased its public spending over the rate of inflation. Californians pay among the highest sales and income taxes in the nation.

But what they see in return are bloated bureaucracies, poor schools, congested highways and dysfunctional community hospitals. With a bailout, California's governor and legislators won't worry too much that their constituents are some of the most taxed and least served of any in America.
OP ED Victor Hansen
You don't really think Arnold is a pub do you? Who approves the budgets in CA?

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
You guys are shedding Republlican identification like a snake sheds his skin. Arnold is the CEO of CA and the buck stops at his desk.
California unemployment jumps to 8.2%, third-highest in the U.S. according to the LA Times

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
You guys are shedding Republlican identification like a snake sheds his skin. Arnold is the CEO of CA and the buck stops at his desk.
California unemployment jumps to 8.2%, third-highest in the U.S. according to the LA Times
That was sort of tongue in cheek. Obviously he has an R after his name but he acts like a lib. dem, i.e. warming, stem cell, etc.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CZ you and others run to the "he's really not a Republican" shelter each time the Republican leadership is challenged (Bush included).
When in history was the President person non grata during a election. The most telling political advertisement on the Obama side was McCain saying, "I backed George Bush 90% of the time. More than many of my fellow Republicans". You may recall I was leaning toward McCain at the beginning of the electorial process and so posted here. Remarks like the above convinced me that McCain was a man of questionable alliances.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
CZ you and others run to the "he's really not a Republican" shelter each time the Republican leadership is challenged (Bush included).
When in history was the President person non grata during a election. The most telling political advertisement on the Obama side was McCain saying, "I backed George Bush 90% of the time. More than many of my fellow Republicans". You may recall I was leaning toward McCain at the beginning of the electorial process and so posted here. Remarks like the above convinced me that McCain was a man of questionable alliances.
I can't argue that. While I still believe McCain would be bettre than BO, I am no longer sure how much. I guess I need to use the word conservative insteda of republican...but my point is the pubs are acting like dems and therefore my overall disgust. Someone in the pub party needs to figure out you can not out liberal a liberal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts