Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:clap: I wonder how many people see the same situation fishing since retired? Now that I can go any time I want to, I either have too many people that want to go fishing or no one. There never seems an inbetween. I usually end up dragging out my ulra-light tackle with 8 lb. braided line and fish for what ever will open his mouth. Any one that has ever caught a 2-2 1/2 lb. croakers in shallow water know has much fun that is.:clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
35 Posts
I work a schedule with 4 days on 4 days off and can't seem to get people to fish, they want to plan too far (weeks) in advance for my small boat. They don't understand weather on the water and think the bay is like a lake or pond!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
retirement

Yeah, we all know that the weather changes ever couple of hours around here. It's a good thing that NOAA is right 15% of the time.

·
Registered
733 Posts
College Fund, and I thought i was the only 1 with the same delima u described!!! They all want to go at once, or they all want to go until u call`em up, then the excuses start to
flow like water, most blame it on the wife. Someone should write a book of " Excuses Why
I Can`t Go Fishing", maybe I will write it, it would fill in some of this retirement time when
the wind blows. But, the back-outs don`t change my plans as a rule, cause the beer will still be cold and an evening at the marina BS`n and throwing down a few is still good time
well spent!!!!!!!!!! The flounder I wire-line up don`t care if u r alone.!!
Capt.Skid
"ONE MO PASS"

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
When I lived in the Keys I had a friend who always invited me fishing and he had a comercial license to sell what we caught so he never charged me to go and I dont eat fish so he loved having me fish because nobody else would fish with him from sun up to sun down. He and I would run out in the early AM load up on a limit of dolphin, then hit deep wrecks for grouper and golden tile and come inside for some spear fishing later in the day. We would bring back 400+ lbs of fish and he got average $2/lb so gas and tackle got paid, I got to fish free and life couldnt get any better!!! Its hard to find good fishin partners!!! Thanks to this board I met Richard Pellitier and we have been fishin partners since. Good luck finding the right balance. Martin

·
Registered
389 Posts
Aint it the truth, especially in the winter! Or if you can get them to go they want to fish for croaker and spot. I have a new woman who loves to fish! She won’t be good for every trip, especially if it is cold. But, she wants to go most of the time, doesn’t do a lot of *****ing either. LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts