Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got saltwater in my dig. camera and just figured it was trashed!! Not so !!
On another post I started, Jengel suggested that I pack my camera in rice
to draw out the moisture..Well I had already flushed it with clean/fresh water
the day it happened 10/14 and rinsed it again before I tried the rice trick. I left
the camera packed in rice until last nite, 10/22. Pulled it from its slumber wipped
off the rice residue and installed the batts. Hot damn!!!! Back in business, camera
works just like it did before.. THANKS AGAIN JENGEL !!!!!!!!! Neat trick!!
Now who has a trick to get rid of this BLOW ??

Capt.Skid :clapping2::clap:

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Never used the rice, but I have used the Whirlpool 150 system.
My wifes oven was a Whirlpool. Set it on 150 degrees, put the radio(Handheld) in with every opening open for 3-4 hours. Cool it, put in the battery pack, charge it and Bingo -- good as new!!
budc

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
My canon powershot digital got wet early this year and has not worked since. Do you think it's too late to salvage it with the rice trick or the oven method...I sure would like to have that camera back.

Ed

·
Flounder -r- Fluky
5,925 Posts
I'd sure as hell try !!!!! What's the worst that can happen :cool:
My canon powershot digital got wet early this year and has not worked since. Do you think it's too late to salvage it with the rice trick or the oven method...I sure would like to have that camera back.

Ed

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Cool ,, Does it matter what brand? White or Brown? Should you let it cool before you pack it in the camera? Would wild rice be to wild to use? If i use Uncle Bens converted will it still convert if its allready converted.:confused:

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
That is Wonderful News..

Sometimes the old fashioned methods work just as well if not better than the new ones and save us a lot of money as well!!!! Glad to hear about your camera..Great post by the way..Good info!!! Beth:clap:

·
Registered
693 Posts
Glad to hear it worked for you, Capt. Skid... CCX2, plain white rice, uncooked, not minute rice, any brand will do.

·
Registered
223 Posts
:clapping2: rice :clapping2: I'll try that next time.. I can say with absolute certainty microwave oven doesn't work :cool:

·
Registered
565 Posts
Well, my Sony Cyber shot just went in a big tub of rice. It got wet about 2 months ago while offshore. I thought my camera bag was water proof, guess not. I was going to send it back to Sony for $180 repair. If this works, I will be real happy. Thanks for the suggestion. How long does the cameral have to make love to the rice? Days? Ben

·
Registered
9,443 Posts
Make sure your gadget is completely buried in the rice. (a package of un-cooked rice, you want the starch, it draws the moisture)

I filled up a big plastic zip lock bag with rice and buried my camera in it. (leave the top open so moisture does not build up in the bag). I left it for a couple of days.

I pulled it out, wiped it down and added batteries. Good as new.:clap:

Same goes for my cell phone.

Do a google search on how to save your digital stuff when it gets wet. Things (technics) vary depending on whether you are dealing with fresh or saltwater immersion.

Like fishboy01 said: It is worth a try.

Here is one guys story from the net.

Rice Can Salvage Your Wet Digital Camera

Dennis:))

·
Registered
245 Posts
I had a Furuno bottom machine that decided it wanted to intake salt water. Thing would occasionally make noises but nothing ever displayed. Took it apart, rinsed it with fresh water and popped her in the oven as someone else described (150deg and everything...but I was just winging it.) It works now. Not as good as new, but she's better than nothing, which is what was in the budget had that not worked...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts