Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been involved with different clubs, but want to find somewhere to start taking my son. He's just 7, but want something long term, so he can learn. I have a tractor, disc, bush hog, broadcast seeder. I believe that in this day and age you have to be a wildlife manager to be succesful.Mainly like duck, dove, turkey, but actually like all hunting. Would just like to find a place to hunt.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Fort A. P. Hill. No junk. No drunks. No workdays on Saturday in October. No fundraisers. No huge dues. No dog food. No dog catching.

Permit is $35 or $40. They limit the number of people in any area. I believe is less then one person per 50 acres. And the areas are marked and seperated, so you only have a limited number of people in any area.

Bow only areas also.

Lots of deer. Lots of turkey. Lots of squirrels. Some doves. Good duck hunting.

I gave up on clubs. Have a bit of private land to hunt but I love AP Hill. Did I mention lots of deer?

Dayton

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Sorry but I gotta do it.

No junk on my place either. We don't drink while hunting. Only work we do on Saturdays in October is draggin Deer. We hunt with Beagles so they don't eat much. My family owns the land so the dues are very cheap, $0. My dogs live on the farm so they know where home is hence, no hunting for dogs for me either. We got ducks,geese,turkeys,squirells,rabbits,bobcats and a lot of Deer also. We have nice box blinds to hunt from. And the most important thing is that I know each and every person that is hunting on our proprty and exactly where they are. I lost a good friend that was hunting in a public area. The fella that shot him thought he was a Turkey and guess what, Turkeys were not in season. This guy was on his second day in the woods in his life. You can have the public land!

Just cause you don't like to Club Hunt Dayton it don't mean they are all filled with ****. We hunt our A$$ off and it pays off. I'm off to the farm next week to work on stuff to ready for next season.

I'm done now

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Glad to hear it Ketch. I wish I had a place like that to hunt. Private land is hard to come by. You and your friends are lucky folks.

I gave up on clubs about 6 years ago. My in-laws have been in and out of 4 clubs since then. All bad enough to not return. My in-laws like to hunt. Lots of the folks in those clubs were looking for a place to hang out away from home.

Call me if you want me to bring the bow down![wink]

Dayton

·
Registered
471 Posts
I gotta agree with you Dean about public land. I dont want to hunt on public land unless it is strictly monitored. I have a hunt club, but we pay dues which doesnt matter to me. We hunt the way my forefathers hunted and that is with dogs during regular gun season. Its a tradition down here, and tradition runs very deep in the club that I am in. Thats just the way it is, everything runs smooth, we are strict on new members, and actually dont allow them in unless we know them very well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts