Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Baitmasters of South Floida donated a few packs of ballyhoo for us TFers to use at an offshore rigging get together. I would like to get an idea of when it would be best to put this thing together. I was thinking one Saturday or Sunday in the beginning of March would work out nice. We could share information on things from ballyhoo rigging to how to rig spreader bars, daisy chains, and basic trolling rigs to how to set up your outriggers to sharpening hooks to planer rod use and set-up, the list is virtually endless. I would like to know how many people would be interested in seeing this take place. I have a huge garage and could certainly host the get together. Please post your ideas and feedback here and we will make this thing happen.

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
On 3/4 I'll be in town after fishing on the Jill Carrie on 3/3. If by some chance it happened to be on 3/4 count me in!

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
I'm in Lou let me know the date Sat or Sun is fine with me.

·
Registered
860 Posts
As long as I'm not fishing I'd be interested in attending...

Becky-

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would like to hear what things everyone would like to see demonstrated so I can formulate a plan!!!!!

·
Registered
406 Posts
I fish offshore in my CC, and we had a great year in 2006. I would like to talk to some other folks who fish out of CC and hear what works for them.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Lou
Basic Hoo rigging (Split Bill, Pin Rig etc) to start out with and then some advanced rigging (Circle Hook bridle etc) for those so inclined. You can never have enough training on hoo rigging. Everyone has their own methods and getting together like this provides all the opportunity to see some different rigging methods..

I'm in Lou..

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
I have a briefcase full of 12 inch islander type plugs. i'd guess and say that most of them are at least 15 years old or older but if you wanted to make something out of them i can bring them along. There only good for marlin and wahoo off the shotgun but if you had some ideas maybe some daisychains or whatever let me know and i can do something with them. I'm good either day as long as the wife gives me the greenlight.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Either day works for me! I will be there with bells on. After my last circle hook white marlin trip I can use all the help available :)

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
i want to start taking my contender offshore. i have been offshore in my boat only once, couple other times with others. So, i am pretty much a novice. love to pitch in for supplies and beverages. Please keep this alive...

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
If we can drink beer and the waves are over 5 feet Im in...

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I will be putting together a list of people and what they will demonstrate. Once that is in place I will solicit a date for the event.
Lou

1 - 20 of 22 Posts