Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about setting the date for the 24th of March, this is the second to the last Saturday in March. I figure we will start about 10:00 am and go till everyone is tired of playing with dead fish. All the participants have agreed to not only show us how to rig these dead baits but also how to assemble the rigs you will need to start with. Lucian has offered to print up some rigging articles and assemble them in a pamphlet that will be distributed at the get together.

Here is what I have lined up so far:

Kevin Bremmer (Surf Perch):
White Marlin “J” hook rig Split Bill & Skipper.
Spanish Mackerel.

Bill van Deusen (BillFisher):
Rubberband rig.
Swordfish & Dolphin muchie squid rig.

Myself (Chumlord):
Basic Ballyhoo rig.
Guacamole rig.
Ballyhoo preparation.

Lucian Montagna (Fishnfool):
Rigging pamphlets.

Optional topics:
Planer rod set-up and use.
Outrigger set-up.

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
i'm looking foward to this and am very interested in the planer rod setups also. I know of someone who swears by an all pink 3 1/2 drone to raise the hoo's in hatteras .

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
I'm in let us know time and where.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I fish my planers off the rod...I've caught everything on it....the other guys said when they said DRONES...they work great....Just take the hook off buy the bigger replacement hook and put those on...and a long leader, about 40-50 foot with swivels at the planer end and in the middle...Not only for the twisting of the spoon but when you got 150 pound bigeyes or a 50-80 pound wahoo on there the pressure spins your line up tight...so this eases the strain....I like monel wire on my rig but power pro works good....
If you find good marks of tuna holding but the boats have them run down....switch from wire leaders to mono....its a little under gunning but those big eyes have.....BIG EYES and sharp as a hawk....put at least 50 feet and sometimes 100 feet of 80 pound mono in front of your spoon and take your planer off..... put on a 32 ounce in line and drop her down to the depth of the tuna marks and keep her in a slow idle and jig that spoon from the water to over your head in a smooth motion....its like the hardest wire lining you would ever do but you'll pull in some nice tuna.....when no one else can get a bite.....
I usually use purple/black, pink, red and white, red/black on my with and ballyhoo combos. bright mylars with my strip baits, and black and orange hard bodies.....
Keep it overboard you'll get-em if you run over them.......!!!!

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The 24th of March it is. It will start off at 11:00 am and will be held at my garage in Norfolk. Anyone interested PM me or call me @757 407 5812. See you there.

G

·
A Pink Spoon Catching Wahoos Wow Never Heard Of Such A Thing..lol...hehehehehehehe....by The Way It Catches Tuna Also..haha

1 - 11 of 11 Posts