Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this on the Chesapeake board but thought about it and figured it may help others so figured I would also post it here

We always have a few 12" in the mix....I have played around with this 12 and it THUMPS! The thing weighs 6 ounces and has an extra fat tail. Alot of the guys have starting rigging it with 3 hooks. I rigged this one for the pic with 2- 9/0 stinger hooks on an 8 oz. chute.

...Another way to get action out of the bait and acts more like a Mo-Jo is to hang the stinger off the jig hook...You can use a 6", 9" or 12". The one shown is a 4 oz. chute and 6" shad...I found that is productive...

Dont mind the flash on the one chute...that's in the future Still have some trials to do with it but it does shine

We took it out as is but I think it needs more "bulk". We are working on that part and hope to have it ready by the Judge Yacht show

Attachments

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We actually called DNR on it and asked that question....They said it was ok since it was on one bait.. I would think it would be the same as a topwater with 3 treble hooks

·
Premium Member
26,256 Posts
Might want to get that in writing from DNR if you plan to sell the three hook lures.

A few years ago the DNR gave me grief for using a 30 inch surge hose that comes from New York with four hooks in it.I cut two off and they said OK.

Boaters World sold them - now the same lure comes with only two hooks.

Sometimes you can get two different answers by asking two DNR people :eek2:.Remember the slot limit a few springs ago - it seemed each DNR officer measured the fish their own way :pp.

Now about that flashy looking one :yes:.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts