Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am right handed and left eye dominant, not to mention poor vision in my right. switching to a left handed bow this year and was just curious if anyone else was in the same situation? i have already borrowed aleft handed bow and it was a loy easier to shoot than i thought. just need to get one that is set up for me.

·
Registered
132 Posts
same here, I am right handed but shoot a bow and gun left handed. I have done it since I was a kid and have no problem. I do shoot a spear gun right handed though, go figure.[grin]

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Me to, a couple years ago at 43 a bad right cornenia really went south. I find it a little difficult, may be older dog new tricks[sad] have not attempted the bow yet.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I went blind in my right eye about 13 years ago.I still shoot my bow right handed.Had to make my own bow sight and this year I bought me a laser sight.It works fine for shooting in low light.No use in bright light.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Both of my kids are left eyed and right handed. They got my eyes and the moms hands. Both shoot left handed, and are great shots with bow, rifle, shotgut and pistols. I started them shooting early after determining which eye was dominate. Scott has 20/10 vision, he can see those doves waaay off, it must be nice.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the input. just bought my new bow and cant wait to pick it up. selling my right handedbow on the classified board

·
Registered
253 Posts
I am left eyed and right handed. I had learned to shoot left handed and at one time couod shoot clays one way till the shoulder got sore then I would switch to the other hand. However, I've always had difficulties shooting left handed. I guess I never practiced enough. So I continue to shoot gun and bow right handed. As long as I close the left eye when I'm ready for the shot I am fine. For bird hunting, I put some fiber optic sights on my barrel which do help me aim better and remember to close the left eye. I was killing just as many doves as every one else on Saturday and went through the same amount of shells so it must not be too bad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts